Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JoelTGM

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2010
The flash is kind of useless because the camera doesn't even attempt to focus at all and just snaps a blurry picture. Is there anyway to keep the light on, so I can tap to focus and take the picture? Recording video will get you better still images because you can keep the light turned on and focus on stuff. Thanks for any tips or app recommendations to fix this.

raxxal

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2008
Los Angeles, CA. USA
Flash is useless!

The flash is kind of useless because the camera doesn't even attempt to focus at all and just snaps a blurry picture. Is there anyway to keep the light on, so I can tap to focus and take the picture? Recording video will get you better still images because you can keep the light turned on and focus on stuff. Thanks for any tips or app recommendations to fix this.

I just got the Iphone 4. Two things are really bad with this phone: it drops calls like crazy, I guess I need a case for it, and the camera flash is basically useless. Take a look a these two pictures: one without flash, the other with a flash.

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    420.9 KB · Views: 142
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 104

SidewaysTakumi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2010
Texas
I have not had the problem with my iP4...it takes really good pictures with the flash.

Perhaps you should let apple have a looky.

waw74

macrumors 601
May 27, 2008
in your photo with a flash, your finger was too close to the flash/lens and the glow you are seeing is the reflection of light back into the lens.

tkckkkgm

macrumors newbie
Dec 19, 2010
Could be cover

I was also researching why this was happening to me. My finger was no where near the flash/lens. It didn't appear that the camera flash/lens was blocked by anything, but when I took off my gel cover, my flash pictures worked great. It must have been reflecting back from that. I only wish I would have discovered this a week ago -- :)

catdogfish

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
Instruction Film Reflection

On my Iphone 4, it turned out to be the instruction film that was left inside the protective case that I bought about a month ago at the ATT store. Hadn't taken any pictures since then so I didn't put two and two together until I took the case off to try it without that. The flash was reflecting off of the film. Just peeled it off and all is fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.