Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I have narrowed my folio search to these 2 cases. I have searched and read pros and cons for each case.

I was looking for some useful feedback from those who have experience with both cases.

I am leaning towards the slim for the all around better fit (not sure if I like the plusher soft leather of the cyber), BUT the Cyber looks like a better case to fold all the way back (with the holding straps).

So I am kind of on the fence....

Thanks in advance for any feedback given ;)

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I really like the design and functionality of both cases. I have the Yoobao slim in both black and brown and love them. The leather is a pebble type and not as nice as the leather in a Vaja case but I believe it is real leather albeit maybe a leather product of some sort.

The Cyber Acoustic case is really nice - love the leather, the functionality of the case and the additional straps. However, I ordered and received both the black and the red cases only to return them both. The workmanship just wasn't good enough in my opinion. The stitching was uneven and the inside lining was not adhered tightly in the red case. They were very accommodating and replaced the case but the second one had some other quality problems so I returned it as well.

After using the Yoobao slim I find what I really like best about it is the strap that goes into the tab. I use my iPad in the typing mode most of the time and it stays totally secure. No covers sliding up or coming undone. So in comparison while I really wanted to keep the CA, I cannot recommend it over the Yoobao slim mainly due to the poor workmanship of the CA and the better functionality of the Yoobao slim for my purposes.

Tobster3

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2010
South Korea
I have the Yoobao Magic case and just recently ordered the Cyber Acoustics case (orange and black).

http://www.cyberacoustics.com/retail/Cases-and-Covers/IC-1040OB

I previously had one small concern which was the Suede Interior as a few people had commented that it wasn't that great. Cybersteve says the new models have an upgraded suede interior.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/978983/

I'll post a review when I receive my CA case and a comparison against the Yoobao, although not the Slim case that you're comparing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.