Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Can't seem to find any asides from AIM but I do need MSN and was wondering if there were any free Apps.

Also, does the iPad support push notifications for iPhone apps?

h00ligan

macrumors 68040
Apr 10, 2003
London
Im+ is not free but it is quite good for the money. Especially as it let's you surf the web without having to leave the app which until multitasking is available can be a pretty convenient thing.

aaquib

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Im+ is not free but it is quite good for the money. Especially as it let's you surf the web without having to leave the app which until multitasking is available can be a pretty convenient thing.

Does it support push notifications?

jeffy777

macrumors 6502
Mar 21, 2010
Can't seem to find any asides from AIM but I do need MSN and was wondering if there were any free Apps.

Also, does the iPad support push notifications for iPhone apps?

I'm using the ebuddy iPhone app on my iPad and it supports push notifications. Running it in 2x is a bit fuzzy though.

I haven't seen any good free ones specifically for the iPad yet. $9.99 for IM+ seems a bit steep.

Alvi

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2008
Mars
I was looking for one too and IM+ Looks like the best one, It's free and it's iPad friendly, I have no patience for x2 iPhone apps or apps that have separate iPhone and iPad Versions and this one seems to have it all

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.