Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exaccord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
I have searched google extensively to no avail.

I recently got an iPhone4. I had a iPhone3Gs. I have a TON of apps on the 3gs that I would like to get off that phone and onto the new one. I was running an old firmware (3.1 something) I updated it in iTunes to the new 4.2.1.

When I sync the 3gs my apps don't get added to iTunes. I tried right clicking on the phone and "transfer purchases" and it starts to transfer, but quits after trying the first app. I tried to download an app in the store, then sync again, nothing. I also tried to "verify computer" and still nothing.

I then tried to back up the phone to a disk and it only transfered some songs that I bought, no apps, and not even all my songs.

I thought about jail breaking the phone and using winscp to pull the apps, but I don't think winscp has that capability.

Can anybody please point me in the right direction to get this problem fixed (without going to the insanely crowded "genius" bar)

I am running windows 7 64 bit. Thanks

exaccord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
When I click on the "apps" tab, I can see all the apps in the screenshots, but I can't select anything except "sync apps" and it gives me a warning saying it will erase my iphone and put on whatever apps are on iTunes, which there arent any on iTunes.

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
When I click on the "apps" tab, I can see all the apps in the screenshots, but I can't select anything except "sync apps" and it gives me a warning saying it will erase my iphone and put on whatever apps are on iTunes, which there arent any on iTunes.

Just to be clear, when the phone is NOT connected to iTunes and you look under Apps in iTunes are the apps there?

exaccord

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2010
no, there are no apps anywhere at any time in iTunes. I never use iTunes to buy anything, I buy everything using the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.