Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ship1021

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2010
I consider my IPOD my extra appendage and suddenly its not working. :eek: Its a 5th gen, had since 06 works great, however I tried to download Frostwire with zero success. Plugged in my ipod to load new stuff I bought on Itunes, no issues.:) Until I started to use my ihome and it said to restore the ipod. I preceded to restore, problem is my ipod shows on the desk top but not on itunes. the itunes locks up and I can't go forward to restoring it. After I force quit with the center button/menu method of holding them down..just to disconnect to get itunes restarted.

It turns out the the IPOD was wiped out :mad::eek:...there are no photos or music there now. The itunes library is fine. I am fairly certain I removed frost wire from my system. I think this frostwire download started my problem.

Clearly no ideas on where to start, with out a restore option what can I do? Also I would like to make sure I have cleared everything out the is frost wire related so I can go forward.

Thanks for all of your help in advance!

Ship

R94N

macrumors 68020
May 30, 2010
UK
Yeah, it's the pirate software or whatever that's caused the problems.

ship1021

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2010
lovely..would never have loaded it if I had known that. It was an app on my cell phone. I actually though this was pay music site. SIGH

ship1021

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 17, 2010
oddly all of the information points to it being a site like limewire? Clearly I don't understand all of this. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.