Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macnerd123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
Pennsylvania
I just ordered a new 13 inch macbook air and was wondering what the best cases out there are. I like the vyper XS2 but the company discontinued it. I know I could find one on eBay or amazon or something, but I would like to know of some alternatives. Also, Does anybody have any opinions on the Colcasac sleeve or the Waterfield SleeveCase because those are attractive alternatives too. Thanks

Here is the vyper XS2

Attachments

• booq.jpg
    booq.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 577
Last edited:
L

lukemcurley

I really like this case, but wished they'd make a 13" MacBook Air version:

VHC11-BLR4l.jpg

Really nice case and perfect for the business traveller.

littledude8209

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I just ordered a new 13 inch macbook air and was wondering what the best cases out there are. I like the vyper XS2 but the company discontinued it. I know I could find one on eBay or amazon or something, but I would like to know of some alternatives. Also, Does anybody have any opinions on the Colcasac sleeve or the Waterfield SleeveCase because those are attractive alternatives too. Thanks

Here is the vyper XS2

keep scrolling down a little bit. comes in 11.6 and 13" sleeves. got mine a few weeks ago, and i absolutely love it :) i have a matching starbucks coffee cup and all :DD

http://www.nedrelow.com/sleeveforipad.html

macnerd123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
Pennsylvania
keep scrolling down a little bit. comes in 11.6 and 13" sleeves. got mine a few weeks ago, and i absolutely love it :) i have a matching starbucks coffee cup and all :DD

http://www.nedrelow.com/sleeveforipad.html

I really like this case and the cost isn't all that bad, but I am not thrilled about how it has an open side. I like some sort of flap or zipper so that it doesn't accidentally fall out.

littledude8209

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2009
I really like this case and the cost isn't all that bad, but I am not thrilled about how it has an open side. I like some sort of flap or zipper so that it doesn't accidentally fall out.

i was wondering if that would be the case too (it falling out), but it is a snug fit. you have to have one hand on the case, and the other on the air to actually pull it out.

macnerd123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 6, 2010
Pennsylvania
I also saw this one

this one got great reviews on amazon. Has anybody here used it?

Attachments

• 51eClVpi5ML._SL500_.jpg
    51eClVpi5ML._SL500_.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 418

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
.. there is any place in the bag to put the AC adapter?

According to Booq, it fits inside the pockets inside the case. I have ordered one and it has shipped, so I should know within a few days. The problem here (as with any UK users) is that our power plugs are the largest in the world (as they contain their own fuse), and you can't fit them in anything other than a regular-sized laptop bag with a big pocket.

However if the power adaptor will slide into the case, that'll be better than nothing. I can slip the plug off and carry that in my pocket if I have to.

///M5

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2009
Mississauga, ON
I'm not being pedantic, but why do you want a case to have straps? Wouldn't that be why you'd purchase a bag?

How can I lug this around? I travel weekly and use my 11" Airport all the time. Currently my SleeveCase from WF (with a strap) that carries the laptop, charger, passport and other papers in such a small package.

Would buy this booq case in heartbeat if it had a strap. It's designed to carry everything (as shown in the picture), pretty much replacing a bag.

DarkAether

macrumors regular
May 5, 2010
According to Booq, it fits inside the pockets inside the case. I have ordered one and it has shipped, so I should know within a few days.

Are you sure???? It says on the website that these ship on Jan 30.

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
Are you sure???? It says on the website that these ship on Jan 30.

Yes, I am sure. I preordered in November, and when I did the website said they were in production and would ship by December 15th. And it did! Obviously they have a backlog of orders now.

In response to the above comment about it not having a strap, I agree with the others that this is a case, not a bag. I have a shoulder bag from STM which I carry everywhere, and this case will go inside it. I really don't want another bag.

dmelgar

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2005
How can I lug this around? I travel weekly and use my 11" Airport all the time. Currently my SleeveCase from WF (with a strap) that carries the laptop, charger, passport and other papers in such a small package.

Would buy this booq case in heartbeat if it had a strap. It's designed to carry everything (as shown in the picture), pretty much replacing a bag.

I've ordered and have been waiting forever for this bag to show up, http://www.tucanousa.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=BFITXS
BFITXS-2.jpg

Small bag that should hold charger etc while not much bigger than the 11" MBA.
And it has a strap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.