Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rob83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
Hello Guys, Ive had a route around the internet but have only found a few bits and pieces of info, And wondered if you could help answer a few of my questions!

Firstly, I have desalination plants surrounding water with pipes into the city connected to water towers yet im still told I don't have enough water despite them have little usage?

Regarding waste, Im using Landfill, Recycling plants yet this is not enough, any tips here?

Finally just general tips on the game. Im 80 odd years in, Population 165,000 yet only have $800 coming in monthly with about $500 going out, $80,000 in the bank as I assume im at a point when I now need to invest in schools, jails ect to grow further? Just need tips on where to go next!

As said, It would be great to have one thread with info in, So any input would be appreciated! Thanks, Rob.

MTShipp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Raleigh, North Carolina
I can't speak to many of your questions but can say that the water problem seems to be a bug. Lots of people are having this message, including myself, even though we have pipes, towers, and water sources everywhere.

Plus, I can't get electricity across rivers. It works with auto-on but I do not like using it and would rather run my own lines. I guess that is a bug too.

Rob83

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 24, 2009
Yeah must be a bug, Along with the commercial problem too, where it does not rise despite 0% tax.

Also, Year 2097, A power plants blown and have wiped all buildings from the whole city? 250,000 people gone from one plant!

Nickmacklad

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2012
Water

If you've got enough pumps and towers then it's coz you have auto lay pipes. The game ain't very good at it. Go to options > advanced and turn of the plumbing automation lay some pipes where you need to / all over the place and you're fixed.

njdevil

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2009
If you've got enough pumps and towers then it's coz you have auto lay pipes. The game ain't very good at it. Go to options > advanced and turn of the plumbing automation lay some pipes where you need to / all over the place and you're fixed.

Original post was from 2010, I doubt the OP still cares :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.