Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phat^Trance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
i hope u guys can help me with this problem im having. ive noticed that sometimes (maybe 1 of 10 calls) the iphone 4 wont ring when someone is calling me. I do see the caller picture etc, but the default ringtone wont work (the old phone ringtone). This is kinda annoying since im missing calls all the time now at work. SMS / Email and all other sounds works fine.

Anyone else having this problem or know what to do? i rather not hard resetting the device since my iphone is jailbroken and it will take to long to try to download all the apps etc.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
i hope u guys can help me with this problem im having. ive noticed that sometimes (maybe 1 of 10 calls) the iphone 4 wont ring when someone is calling me. I do see the caller picture etc, but the default ringtone wont work (the old phone ringtone). This is kinda annoying since im missing calls all the time now at work. SMS / Email and all other sounds works fine.

Anyone else having this problem or know what to do? i rather not hard resetting the device since my iphone is jailbroken and it will take to long to try to download all the apps etc.

Rebooting the iPhone has nothing to do with it being jailbroken and you putting the apps back on.

You're mistaken with restoring.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Hard resetting is holding the home and power button for 20+ seconds untill it reboots.
You meant you dont want to restore it and setup everything again right?

Phat^Trance

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 9, 2009
With hardreset i mean formatting the entire drive via itunes (im using iOS 4.1)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.