Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

skunk

macrumors G4
Jun 29, 2002
Republic of Ukistan
No, they have their own perfectly serviceable wooden projector in the barn, driven by mules. Why would I want their muddy boots on the Bokhara?

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Redbox is so out of movies it was between The Other Guys or Jonah Hex.

I chose Jonah Hex. Not in the mood for Will Ferrel, plus this one has Megan Fox.

I don't think there were any winners in that choice.

Reventon

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2009
Toronto, ON
I recently saw the new Narnia movie with some of my friends who were fans of the novels. I thought it was okay, plot was all right, but since I didn't read the novels or see the previous two movies, I didn't enjoy it as well as I could if I did. I plan on seeing Tron Legacy with my friends after Christmas. I hear it's good.

Mexbearpig

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2008
Here
I watched Toy Story 3 the other night. Seen it before and loved it just as much as the first ti me.
Then date night same story but not as enjoyable for me.

Redbox is dying for an update here also. And the other guys was surprisingly not as bad as I thought. Not as good as wills other movies but it had me laughing a few times.

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007

I chose Jonah Hex. Not in the mood for Will Ferrel, plus this one has Megan Fox.

Honestly, I LOVED The Other Guys. I was surprised that I did, but it was actually a very fun movie.

Haven't seen Jonah Hex, but I heard it was terrible. Any thoughts after watching it?

kellen

macrumors 68020
Aug 11, 2006
Seattle, WA
Honestly, I LOVED The Other Guys. I was surprised that I did, but it was actually a very fun movie.

Haven't seen Jonah Hex, but I heard it was terrible. Any thoughts after watching it?

Fell asleep last night to it. Woke up a couple times to see Megan Fox, but then fell right back to sleep. Not a bad way to wake up.

Wasn't the movies fault, I started it at 1 am and was tired.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
What?! It's A Wonderful Life is a classic. Loved that movie. What was wrong with Jimmy Stewart's performance?

It's a great performance and a great movie, whether you believe in angels or not, about the individual's impact on others around them regardless of what iJH thinks. :)

I watched Toy Story 3 the other night. Seen it before and loved it just as much as the first.

Possibly the best animated trilogy every created.

Enchanted- surprisingly good fairy tale brought to life by Disney. I admit you have to be in the right mood for it to resonate and not think it's just a silly movie. :)

Last edited:

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I saw Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treador a few days ago with family while on Christmas vacation. It was good and I enjoyed it. I've not read the books, but have seen the previous movies.

Around the house we've been watching How to Train Your Dragon and Despicable Me. They are both great movies, but Despicable Me is just hilarious.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
I saw Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treador a few days ago with family while on Christmas vacation. It was good and I enjoyed it. I've not read the books, but have seen the previous movies.

I enjoyed the first Narnia movie, since it followed the book fairly well. The second one was a completely joke from the original story - I wish they had kept them more similar to the originals like they did w Lord of the Rings.

I'll watch this third one, but from the previews I won't enjoy it since it's doesn't - at first, at least - seem to follow the books.

I grew up reading the books, so any departure is sacrilege.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Last night I saw "Miracle on 34th Street" for the first time. And I'm in my fifties.

Before that: the best "Christmas Carol" ever: 1970's "Scrooge".

What movie have you seen and more importantly was it any good? :)

Watched Shutter Island, a psychological thriller. It just did not click for me. Without giving the story away, it took a turn I did not expect, which is not necessarily bad, but the execution was below my expectations.
I liked it. I like those kinds of "turns you don't expect".

I enjoyed the first Narnia movie...
Why aren't there ever any Narns in Narnia?

G%27Kar.jpg

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
My wife and I spent Christmas Eve in a Phoenix hotel room watching some classics - A Charlie Brown Christmas, Christmas Story, and Christmas Vacation.

Die Hard is on the agenda when we both get back home Monday. :)

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
red and I went to see "Black Swan" last night (Christmas)
My advice is to resist the temptation to go and stick a hot poker in your eye instead

Christmas Eve we watched "Up In The Air" which I had seen and she had not
As a frequent traveler, I really liked the movie :D

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I'll watch this third one, but from the previews I won't enjoy it since it's doesn't - at first, at least - seem to follow the books.

I grew up reading the books, so any departure is sacrilege.

My wife and her parent's have read all of the books and they enjoyed this new movie very much saying that it did a good job of staying true to the book. They said exactly what you did about the second movie having a bunch of made up stuff that wasn't in the book. They didn't like it near as much as the first and the new one.

CaptMurdock

Suspended
Jan 2, 2009
The Evildrome Boozerama
We had a marathon of "Christmas Carol" versions and variations: the George C. Scott version, The Muppets' Christmas Carol, Scrooged...

Right now, our oldest boy (24) is initiating the younger (13) in The Matrix trilogy.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I was really intrigued with this movie until I realized it was a rogue computer pulling the strings. Sometimes I wonder if every thing is as connected as portrayed in a movie like this. Like the sign on a parking garage. Another movie with this kind of network portrayal was the last Die Hard movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

wvuwhat

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2007
I was really intrigued with this movie until I realized it was a rogue computer pulling the strings. Sometimes I wonder if every thing is as connected as portrayed in a movie like this. Like the sign on a parking garage. Another movie with this kind of network portrayal was the last Die Hard movie.

Besides that point you made, I really loved the movie, and it's 5 bucks on itunes to own for a short period of time as well. I picked up that and Shooter. Two good movies, IMO.

With that said, I'm watching Wall Street 2 on Apple TV right now. Amazing so far.

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
Much greener pastures
Given the fact that Blake Edwards died shortly before Christmas, I guess it's only natural that TCM is running some of his films. I'll be there tonight at midnight for the original "Pink Panther" (with Peter Sellers). I haven't seen that film for, like, a couple of decades.

Angelus

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2002
New Zealand
Just watched Up again with the new new girlfriend. It's such an awesome movie. It never gets old and I always notice a little touch that I missed before.

NickZac

macrumors 68000
Dec 11, 2010
You can't raise your voice like this when the Lion is here...

"Dr. Shakalu brought my some crazy Zimbabwe weed that turns you into a deer"
"You do know that lions eat deer, right?"
"Thats true kid. Doctor, we gotta be careful."

daneoni

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2006
Didn't get a chance to see it at the theaters because i was shafted. What a great movie.

toy-story-3.jpg

Blue001

macrumors newbie
Dec 27, 2010
Just watched The Decent, highly recommend to you guys if you still have not watched.;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.