Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Audio Blood

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Californication
Hey everyone! I just got an iPod touch tonight. I'm wondering if it's possible to play games without wifi access. When I click on the game center, it asks for my apple ID and pw, which I enter, then nothing happens.

Is there an initial internet requirement, then I can play without internet, or? Kind of bummed if I need a constant wifi connection to play games... so any help would be great. I tried searching but must not be putting in the correct search terms. Thanks a lot. I've got old iPods that are sooo basic compared to the touch, so I'm a little overwhelmed.

If it helps - I only downloaded three apps so far, words with friends, angry birds, and the talking tom. One more question, I don't know where to find the talking tom app, or is it in the game center?

Matthew Yohe

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2006
Game center is just the social connector for games. You can just start any game you want and play it. You download all apps via the App Store, and play them by just tapping on them on your home screen.

Audio Blood

macrumors member
Original poster
May 20, 2010
Californication
Oh! Thank god for that. Well, I did download them and have them auto synced, so I'm wondering why I don't see them... or if they're hidden somewhere :/.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.