Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wano

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2002
I am heading of the mall here in Cherry Creek, Denver. Most of my family uses macs, and I would like to get them something to compliment either there computer or iPod, but just something small. What do you guys recommend, say around $30, that will be a little fun?

Wano

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2002
iPod socks would be cool. However, I gave my sister an ipod for her birthday with two cases already, besides her and me no one else has an ipod.

Wano

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2002
haha. that is great! maybe i can be real cheap and get one pack and give one to everyone! :p jk

roadapple

macrumors regular
Oct 21, 2004
If they use laptops, I love the Kensington mouse with the retractable cord, it's small and keeps things neat in the bag, I think it was about $25.

DanTekGeek

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2004
Denver, CO
I havent been to the store in a month or so, but last time I was there, the acessories section was kind of lacking. Might want to check online. Otherwise, software is allways good. Got any gamers in the family? Maybe an iTrip or iTalk.

Darko

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2004
ummm.......ok maybe those hp ipod skins, seem cool but have not used them myself. iTunes gift cards do seem the safe bet.

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
iTMS certificates
iPod Socks
iPods
more RAM (OS X loves it....you should too!)
A book like Mac OS X Panther Hints. I'll double check the title in the morning... but some book that isn't too over their heads but will allow them to do much more cool stuff with their Mac.
A G5
A big chocolate bar

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
I just bought some more Iklear....
I would say an isight b/c alot of your family uses macs...but thats expensive....
Does apple just have normal gift cards that can be used for anything in the store?!?
What about a subscription to a mac magizine like macworld or something like that.... how much is that?
What about a book related to macs, there's alot out there
What about rewarding yourself and getting a dual G5 with a 30" monitor...?

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68020
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
Duff-Man said:
Duff-Man says..the is a *Macintosh* message board - our world does not revolve around the NBA - they won't even let players wear iPods during game warmups....oh yeah!

So sad that I knew that. Great one!

puckhead193 said:
I just bought some more Iklear....
I would say an isight b/c alot of your family uses macs...but thats expensive....
Does apple just have normal gift cards that can be used for anything in the store?!?
What about a subscription to a mac magizine like macworld or something like that.... how much is that?
What about a book related to macs, there's alot out there
What about rewarding yourself and getting a dual G5 with a 30" monitor...?

I'm going to go with the last one.

JeffTL

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2003
I've already given one iTunes gift certificate out this Christmas season, rendering a new switcher quite happy. Just make sure the recipient has an OS X Mac or Windows 2000/XP -- a lot of people still use Windows 98 or even in some cases OS 9.

Wano

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2002
I like the idea of buying myself a Dual 2.5 G5 with the 30"... :D
iTunes is what I first thought of, although all my family is in Sweden...hehe. They don't have a iTunes store yet. Thanks for all the great itdeas! Good stuff for sure!

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
It's not in your store, but how about redlightrunner.com?
edit: They even have a section "Gifts under $20"

AppleMatt

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.