Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andymac88

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 11, 2010
Tn/Ca
I have an ipad and a canon rebel, i am looking for a backpack or sling pack that will hold my ipad and dslr. i see a lot of bags that look very bulky that carry dslr and a laptop. I was looking at the Incase Sling Pack and was wondering if anyone had this bag or another Incase bag that would hold ipad and dslr?

PanAm-L1011

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2010
Republic of California
I have an ipad and a canon rebel, i am looking for a backpack or sling pack that will hold my ipad and dslr. i see a lot of bags that look very bulky that carry dslr and a laptop. I was looking at the Incase Sling Pack and was wondering if anyone had this bag or another Incase bag that would hold ipad and dslr?

Go to Best Buy - they have tons of net book bags that might work.

adthenomad

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2010
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Incase Ari Marcopoulos (ipad + DSLR camera bag)

i think you found your bag :)

http://www.stylishdslrcamerabags.com/2010/12/ari-marcopoulos-camera-bag-by-incase/

Incase-Design-Ari-Marcopoulos.jpg

Last edited:

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008

I have the LowePro Classified Sling 180AW. it has a slim front pocket that fits my iPad in the Apple case very nicely.

you don't say what else you want to carry with your Rebel and iPad, so perhaps it might be a bit bigger than you want, but anyhow it fits my iPad, EOS 40D + 24-105L, plus a couple other lenses and misc accessories.

actually I prefer my older LowePro Slingshot 200 for general use but that won't fit my iPad. So these days when I travel I use the Sling 180.

b.c.

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2008

p.s. you mentioned a sling bag, but if you don't mind a regular shoulder bag, another option instead of the Classified Sling 180 that I mentioned above is the LowePro Classified 160AW. take a look at this video

the front pocket of the 160 will fit a bare iPad (i.e. without case), a DSLR like your Rebel will fit no problem with some extra lenses. it was too small for my purposes, and the pocket for the iPad was too tight for iPad+case so I went with the 180.

mute-posting

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2010
Would be great to see a pic of this

+1 on this. I have a Sling as well, the 102 AW, and I can get my Canon T2i, 4 lenses and my IPad in the main compartment. Works great for daytrips or carry-on.

Just bought a 102AW (not arrived yet) and thinking of getting an iPad when I visit the states in spring.

Is the iPad a really tight fit in the main compartment?

beewee808

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2011
iPad and DSLR camera bag by Tamrac (Rally 5)

I needed something for my Canon DSLR and my iPad.

http://www.amazon.com/Tamrac-3445-Rally-Camera-Netbook/dp/B0045O0DHW

I wanted something for travelling that could comfortably carry my Canon DSLR (EOS 7D) with the kit zoom lens (28-135mm), plus a 2nd smaller Canon 50mm lens, plus my iPad. And I didn't want a backpack, or a large messenger/duffel bag. In other words, I wanted to find the smallest, lightest option which could give me quick access to my gear.

Since purchasing the bag, I've actually been able to travel with the above mentioned gear, PLUS another camera (Fuji x100) AND a 2nd iPad (my wife's), all in this one bag. The inner compartment dividers are flexible and customizable enough for me to squeeze in both cameras, the extra lens and additional bits of gear. The flap opens at the top for pretty easy access to everything.

The inner vertical iPad slot actually was able to hold TWO iPads (one with the Apple iPad original case, the other iPad2 with a Smart Cover attached). It is a snug fit for 2 iPads, but, hey it works!

The outer back pocket was great for quick access for a magazine, guidebooks or maps, and the zippered front pocket area was great for carrying extra batteries, memory cards, chargers/travel European power adapters. There are also two side outer mesh pockets which, for me, held bottled water and snacks.

The wide strap has a nice padded shoulder piece, and the attached handle grip was handy (no pun intended) to have. I like the dimensions of this bag, and that it's smaller than the typical messenger bag or backpack.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.