Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StarbucksSam

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 21, 2004
Washington, D.C.
I just got an LG VX 7000 as a Hanukkah present, (my parents said - pick a new cell phone under 200, get a new contract, we'll buy the phone) and I feel the need to review this product as many people don't know much about it.

I grade cell phones based on the following:

Ease of use/menus
Graphic interface
Battery life
Audio quality
Screen quality
Quality of additional features
Design

East of use/menus: The LG VX 7000 uses a creative tabbed menu system that sometimes reminds me of a web browser. While completely uncomplicated, you might have to go through a multitude of menus to find what you want.

Pro User: A
Grandparent: B

Graphic Interface: The beautiful and crisp GUI really enhances the value of this phone. The startup graphics are incredible, and this displays pics well.

Pro User: A+
Grandparent: A+

Battery Life: For a color phone, this is a big improvement on earlier LG models. It will definately get you through the day and evening on a charge, if not last through the night and the better part of the following day depending on usage. Also, there are four battery bars instead of three, which makes it easier to have a range without guessing where you are.

Grandparent: A+

Audio Quality: The audio is clear and beautiful. The ringers are loud and you can certainly hear them - no need to use vibrate unless you're at work/school etc. Calls are excellent, but that's also partly Verizon.

Grandparent: A

Screen Quality: The screen is large enough for anyone to see and you have options for text size. It is clear and crisp. The outside screen is of a slightly lower quality, but unless you're displaying photos on it, it's not going to matter.

Grandparent: A-

Quality of Additional Features: The phone is just that, a phone. Verizon's mobile web works nicely but is not very impressive - I don't use it and cancelled that service. This is a phone, not a camera, but if you're lucky, you might get a nice shot or two for your background. The video records audio nicely if you're close enough, and 15 second is enough for a decent clip.

Pro User: B
Grandparent: A

Design: This phone is sleek and stylish. There was a blue model, but now it's just black with Verizon, and the phone seems to be of high-quality and fairly durable material. The only major design flaw is not having a way to close the lens on the camera, we'll have to see how well that holds up....

Pro User: B+
Grandparent: B+

Overall:

Pro User: A-
Granparent: A-

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.