Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cheakyhines

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2010
madcatz controller

ok so i got one of my wired madcatz (but gamestop branded) controller to work, but a regular 360 madcatz controller is not recognized by the driver.
it's weird and quite frustrating because those 2 controllers are basically the same thing and is the same design, it's just that one of them has "gamestop" labeled on it. why is this?

joshhh

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2010
Hi, i'm having problems getting the driver to work on 10.4.11, i've re-installed the driver about 10 times but, it just keeps saying 'no devices found' when i plug the controller in.
i'm using a standard xbox 360 wired controller and my mac is an intel core 2 duo 20" imac (i've also tried running it on my old power pc power book, but the same thing happens). system preferences is recognising the controller but the drive isn't.

does anyone have any ideas? i would be grateful to know cause i'm itching to get busy on the emmulated version of GTA 4 i just downloaded.

cheers

Kharneth

macrumors newbie
Jun 16, 2010
Hi, i'm having problems getting the driver to work on 10.4.11, i've re-installed the driver about 10 times but, it just keeps saying 'no devices found' when i plug the controller in.
i'm using a standard xbox 360 wired controller and my mac is an intel core 2 duo 20" imac (i've also tried running it on my old power pc power book, but the same thing happens). system preferences is recognising the controller but the drive isn't.

does anyone have any ideas? i would be grateful to know cause i'm itching to get busy on the emmulated version of GTA 4 i just downloaded.

cheers

This has been brought up many times so iv'e seen...and frankly...im having the same problem...it appears like at least 10 people who have actually posted on this forum is having this problem...meaning probably many more are to...

This is now officially classified as a serious issue with so many people having it...does ANYONE know how to fix this!?

shalominam

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
detection problem

In the prefpanel it says no devices found. when i plug in the controller it lights up for a second then turns off. NEED HELP PLEASE!

jrs1

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2010
I had the same problem with installing on 10.4.11 (controller light stayed on , then went off, did not show up in prefs pane etc)
NOW IT WORKS

THIS IS THE FIX
it was already mentioned earlier in this thread, the solution is here
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2134285&start=15&tstart=0

this is what i did

1. download http://www.sendspace.com/file/jzlc6f
2.save it to you desktop.
3. double click it to unzip it.
4.open terminal (spotlight, terminal, click)
5. type
cd desktop
6. type
cd 360ControllerInstall
7.type
sudo sh 360ControllerInstall.sh

8. Type your administrator password when it asks you for it.
9. Wait for the installer to complete and then wait another three minutes (or restart.. i restarted)
10. Connect an Xbox 360 controller.
11. Open the "Xbox 360 Controllers" preference pane in System Preferences and verify that the controller(s) is(/are) recognized.
----> on my system, no prefs pane shows... but it shows up in the mapping software called Controller Mate (v4)

Sickkage

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
United Kingdom
Hey
I'm thinking of replacing my Xbox 360 with a gaming PC, and then using an Xbox 360 wired controller to control it. Will I be able to configure the controls to match those on an Xbox so that there's basically no noticeable difference between the two whilst gaming?
Thanks

Alex712

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2010
Hello?

Okay, so I got my Xbox360 controller working with everything except the 2nd controller stick, the sensitivity is all outa wack and Ive adjusted a lot of things, anyone got any advice?

SaintBroseph

macrumors newbie
Aug 19, 2010
ok so i got one of my wired madcatz (but gamestop branded) controller to work, but a regular 360 madcatz controller is not recognized by the driver.
it's weird and quite frustrating because those 2 controllers are basically the same thing and is the same design, it's just that one of them has "gamestop" labeled on it. why is this?

hey cheakyhines, just wondering which method you used to get the wired madcatz gamestop branded controller to work, as i've been fiddling around with it for the last few days to no avail.

thanks!

-SD-

macrumors 6502
Mar 23, 2009
Peterborough, UK
My wired white official 360 controller arrived today and it works great with the driver. When I plug the pad in to the Mac Pro (10.6.4, driver ver. 0.08) the 1p light on the pad lights up. However, when I bring the Mac out of sleep with the controller connected all four lights blink on and off continuously together, which is bloody annoying. The controller still works fine with the lights blinking, but I'd rather just have the 1p segment lit up.

Any suggestions please? :confused:

:apple:

Armit

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2010
Xbox360 never worked. I have the Xbox 360 controller installed. In preference panel, I see my gamepad and it's recognized !
But when I start Star Wars the Force Unleashed, nothing is possible.
In Prince Of Persia, I can't use the gamepad.

Why ?

jeremesanders

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2010
Same issue as above

I'm having a similar issue to the poster above except with AC2 Deluxe Edition.

I've downloaded the driver from tattiebogle.net and it works fine with my steam games. I ended up downloading the trial of the gamepad companion to map the keys and it seems to work fine but it doesn't work at all when I open up Assassin's Creed 2.

Anyone have any ideas on how to get the 360 Controller to work with AC2 on my Mac?

I'm running snow leopard.

x0r-lord

macrumors member
Aug 31, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
This is all possible by the people that have made the xbox 360 controller driver for mac os x at tattiebogle.net all the credit go to them and the makers of gamepad companion

I find the sensitivity pretty brutal.
gamepad companion takes so much fine tuning it SHOULD BE FREE.

currently about to give up on it.
trying to use for Lost Viking in SC2

mapped control sticks to
X-axis: Right Arrow, Left Arrow
Y-Axis: Down Arrow, Up Arrow.

but no level of sensitivity seems to work properly.

it doesn't seem to register the analog movement properly. instead registering more button presses the further over the stick, and queueing them, so if you hold the stick over for a second too long your unit will move infinitely too far.

also tried mapping the pad to the arrow keys with key repeat off, key repeat doesn't actually seem to do much, as the keys still repeat and get queued up (non-stop movement in the direction you held as a result).
not very good at what it does..

apparently mapping method 1 is superior... I find them both pretty bad.
(http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/82091-xbox-360-controller-help.html)

thanks for posting it anyways OP

bugsyone

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2011
Bugsyone

Hi all. It appears we are all having the same issue. I bought a new 360 wired to play SW Force Unleashed. I've done everything I can to get the controller to work. The System Preference shows the driver and it functions well when tested there. When I start the game, nada. I've even uninstalled the game to make certain it was installed correctly. The only issue I could find is the chipset. Packaging states it is supported by several chips with the bare minimum of a Nividia 8800. It also shows the 9600 chip, mine is a 9400.
This may be an issue. I wanted to weigh in on the probles we face.

onemacusertou

macrumors newbie
Jan 1, 2011
I need a xbox controller driver for my mac 10.5.6

I have tried everything i could think of but to be honest i may have the wrong hardware, I have two Harmonix portable rock band drum kits Mad cats. I am trying to get them working on my mac in garage band. I have OS 10.5.6 and the other driver given on the sites provided above are not working so am i doing something wrong or do i have the wrong hardware ?

Plaese someone help for I am out of wits for this issue

L Murray

joesoes

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2011
I still have issues with the drivers. I cant connect. Ive tried with all versions and the fix. Anyone got this working on the 2010 mac mini? Im using the standard 360 wireless controllers.

austincarpi

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2011
Cod 4

Hey
This is a tutorial on how to use an xbox 360 wired or wireless controller (wireless controller needs wireless networking adaptor) with a mac for gaming. This also works with guitar hero controllers and rockband controllers etc.

First off you need to download two pieces of software

Gamepad Companion which can be found here:
http://www.carvware.com/gamepadcompanion.html (only a free trial but just download it again once the trial ends.)

Xbox 360 Controller Driver which can be found here:
http://tattiebogle.net/index.php/ProjectRoot/Xbox360Controller/OsxDriver

Then you install them
They should be installed in your System Preferences.
Plug in your controller either the wired controller via usb or for the wireless controller plug in the adaptor and then link the controller to the adaptor

Open up Xbox 360 controller driver, Hit a few keys to see if it works.
then open up gamepad companion, and then select on the left hand pane
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wired/Wireless Controller.

Depending on what game you wish to play you set the keys to different buttons
Say if u want the RB on the controller to be say L on the key, in Gamepad Companion you press the RB on the controller and then there should be a Title that says no action then click on the drop down menu select single key then type in say L then click start and it will start emulating the letter L when you press RB

Reply with Questions im Happy to Help

This is all possible by the people that have made the xbox 360 controller driver for mac os x at tattiebogle.net all the credit go to them and the makers of gamepad companion

Hope this Article Helps!

All the Best

does this work with cod 4? ^

dodgyaussie

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2011
Hi Guys,

I'm really having problems with syncing my wireless controller :(

So this is what's happening or what I've done:

- Bought a wireless receiver..
- Downloaded and installed the driver/software from tattiebogle.net
- I load up the software and it doesn't recognise the controller.
- How I try and sync it (in case I'm doing it wrong...) - I press the sync button at the top of the controller (then the light goes around in circles), and then at the same time I press the button on the wireless receiver which then flashes... The controller then starts flashing as a complete circle but never goes to controller 1.
- I've tried doing as suggested in this thread with installing the software through terminal, and have also restarted.
- I'm running OS X 10.5.8 - 2.66 GHZ intel Core 2 Duo iMac...

All I can say is help!!!!! I really don't know what to do now :(

thanks.

pparlor

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
3rd Party Controller

I seem to be having difficulties with using an Afterglow wired controller. I plug it in and the ring glows green for a brief second, then goes dark. I cannot get it to turn on or be recognized by my mac.

Is there a way I can install something to get it to work? I already tried to get the 'tattiebogle' app to recognize the device. It doesn't work.

I know there are a few people on here with issues regarding their 3rd party controllers (like the MadCatz controller) and I am seeking an answer. Perhaps there is an app I can dl to recognize 3rd party controllers?

jonny boy bene

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2011
Hey im playing gta san andreas on my macbook and i can't seem to be able to configure the trigger buttons or the right analog stick to the game which is very frustrating. I've tried using the gamepad companion but that seems to do nothing when im in game :confused: help would be really appreciated

mizzles

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
Argh!!! Maddening Catz XBOX 360 GamePad

MadCatz GamePad:
Product ID: 0xf016
Vendor ID: 0x1bad
Version: 4.90
Serial Number: 02E2A9D0
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Mad Catz, Inc.
Location ID: 0x1d100000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)

I am running Mac OS X Version 10.5.8

My problem: Many!!!

First thing I encountered following the aforementioned workarounds is that the InstallNewControllerList.app doesn't work. When I run it I get an error message that says this:
qybAN.png

On top of that all of the terminal command workarounds have in way or another failed in operation, generally referenncing an inability to rename a file.

What have I done to my computer? Can anyone speak of similar issues getting the MadCatz 4712 (second version, I believe) to work under a likened frame?

Totally Confused And Currently In The Six Hour Of Troubleshooting, but you can call me mizzles

GreyMatta

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2007
England
Hi Guys,

I'm really having problems with syncing my wireless controller :(

So this is what's happening or what I've done:

- Bought a wireless receiver..
- Downloaded and installed the driver/software from tattiebogle.net
- I load up the software and it doesn't recognise the controller.
- How I try and sync it (in case I'm doing it wrong...) - I press the sync button at the top of the controller (then the light goes around in circles), and then at the same time I press the button on the wireless receiver which then flashes... The controller then starts flashing as a complete circle but never goes to controller 1.
- I've tried doing as suggested in this thread with installing the software through terminal, and have also restarted.
- I'm running OS X 10.5.8 - 2.66 GHZ intel Core 2 Duo iMac...

All I can say is help!!!!! I really don't know what to do now :(

thanks.

I have the same problem as you.

I believe its because the wireless receiver i bought of ebay is not a genuine Microsoft item (other people having the same problem with the copied ones) if yours has "XBOX 360" on the front its fake, the genuine ones say Microsoft on the front and have a small hologram on the bottom.

I have searched for a workaround but cant find anything other than buying a genuine receiver which Microsoft only sells bundled with a controller now.

I did after a bit of digging around on the net manage to find a good tatiebogle driver that had been modded so that I could use my wired MadCatz SF4 controller without the constant green ring flashing and without the errors trying to instal the drivers. wish it was wireless though :(

cmartacus

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
No devices found!

I'm having a similar problem. I'm running 10.6.6 on i7 iMac & using a wired xbox 360 controller. I downloaded & installed the driver from tattiebogle.net

But when I open it in System Preferences, it says 'No devices found'

I have reinstalled, restarted, unplugged & replugged but nothing seems to work.

I also tried Xbox HID driver, Gamepad Companion and USB overdrive, but NONE of them recognize the 360 controller.

The 360 controller DOES show up however in the USB High-Speed Bus terminal as:

Vendor-Specific Device:

Product ID: 0x028f
Vendor ID: 0x045e (Microsoft Corporation)
Version: 1.05
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0xfa130000
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)​

I don't know what else to try?? Please help!

jute

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2011
i cant get my computer to see the controller. i may have done something wrong
if anyone can i need help

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.