Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Was given an imac with itunes 8.

Installed snow leopard that came with imac.

Tried to access itunes but a window pops up that says "we could not complete your itunes store request , store is temporary unavailable.

Then I tried to update iTunes but getting a a pop up that says 'can't complete request'.

Tried this many times and I'm lost, please help.

Marc

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Run software update (it's under the Apple symbol in the upper left corner of your screen) and upgrade to iTunes 10 and get any other updates your system finds. Follow the on screen prompts and you should be fine.

mpossoff

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 21, 2010
Philadelphia
Run software update (it's under the Apple symbol in the upper left corner of your screen) and upgrade to iTunes 10 and get any other updates your system finds. Follow the on screen prompts and you should be fine.

Thanks I upgraded ram and now I have 2gb ram. I'm updating all updates as you suggested however the updates sucj as 10.6.5 etc is 1.1 gb. Will I have enough for this machine to run OK?

Wavell

macrumors regular
Nov 7, 2007
Essex, UK
Thanks I upgraded ram and now I have 2gb ram. I'm updating all updates as you suggested however the updates sucj as 10.6.5 etc is 1.1 gb. Will I have enough for this machine to run OK?

You should be fine, it's not dependent on your available memory more your available hard drive free space :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.