Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

md63

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
After using my iPad for 7 months I have come to the conclusion that for me more than one case is necessary depending on what I'm doing. I started out with the Apple case since it was the only slim case available at the time. Latter I got the Belkin Grip Vue with an Incase sleeve and a stand. I have tried a few other cases but returned them since they were either too thick or covered the bezel which is something I don't like. Below are my choices for the best cases I have tried. Between these case and various stands, antiglare screen protectors, and back proection films, I have spent about 50% of a base iPad on accessories.

Zaggmate Case - I know the iPad is a tablet but I still prefer to type on a real keyboard. The integrated functions keys are very nice. Its expensive and should have better scratch protection on the bottom but it works very well with the iPad.

Yoobao Slim Magic - I love this case when I am traveling and don't have the need to do a lot of data input. Also works very well around the office. If I have to choose one case this would be it.

Belkin Grip Vue - This has been getting a lot less use recently but it is great for around the house when maximum protection is not necessary. When my kids are using the iPad I like using this one since its grippy and doesn't have any complicated flaps or covers.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
I ended up going with the Apple case. Wipe it down with an Armor All wipe before you put your iPad in there, let it dry, and the finger print/dust issue goes away.

jcb19

macrumors member
Mar 23, 2010
I ended up going with the Apple case. Wipe it down with an Armor All wipe before you put your iPad in there, let it dry, and the finger print/dust issue goes away.

There are so many cases out there that I like, but every time I think I've chosen one, they've come out with a new one. So, I too, ended up with the Apple case; despite many negative reviews on it. I've read about the Armor All trick (didn't do it yet) so if/when becomes an issue I'll use it. The case came with a nice little cloth to clean the iPad with. As a bonus, I only actually spent $17 of my own money; used a gift card. I'm considering a Colsen Keane leather case, but not sure the iPad will fit inside it while in the Apple case. . .

Resist

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2008
ZooGue Version 2 case is really working for me right now. It's not perfect, but it works great for using my iPad as a TV with the Sling app.

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
For typing, and for adding least bulk: Apple.

For viewing/browsing: Yoobao Magic.

For sex-appeal: Portenzo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.