Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reefbone

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2008
I played the Zinga for a long time and thought I'd try the WSOP game. Thought is might be cool but honestly I hate it.

Why I think WSOP sucks..
1)Hard to tell visually when it's your turn.
2)No vibration indicating your turn
3)People take FOREVER to play (probably for reasons above).
4)No chat.
5)No personal pics or avatars.
6)And there is no timer giving any indication as to the when they might be force folded.

Only slightly redeeming quality is that you can play AI and play fast by tapping through hands. I personally don't like this style of play and would rather play against people.

Zynga is free and ties into Facebook (if you want). You can play your same "character" from your phone or PC

Zynga FTW

fastermule

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2010
couldn't view your site

Hey Guys,

Couldn't view that last site since I'm on my Linux PC right now not a mobile device but if any of you are interested I've put together a review of Switch Poker and actually recorded some video (which you can stream) of me playing on there so you can get a better idea what it's like.

Kind Regards,

Steve (fastermule)

Video of Poker on iPad

guccigucci88

macrumors 6502a
Dec 30, 2010
Anyone that thinks Zynga or other online poker sites are completely legit sadly mistaken. Hey, maybe some of you get lucky. But believe me, there are tons of bots (both from other players/ and companies which plant them) and other underhanded tactics to get you to by chips. Zynga is notorious for cheating people out of their money (people getting hacked and not getting their money back... etc etc.) I used to be the biggest zynga fan played on facebook and my iphone till I got robbed all my money essentially. Not to discourage any of you from playing, just be careful. (good thing i never bought chips, i mean no point when your not playing for real money lol)

Anyone try that poker gauge app by any chance btw? wud be cool if it worked but at 6 bucks and no reviews/ratings, wud hate to throw my money away like that like ive done with so many other junk apps lol

Raj24v

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2010
Has anyone tried that Switch Poker?
I'm really intrigued by it but wanted to hear some feedback first.

Is it legit?

andyleee

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, Swith Poker is legit. I've deposited and withdrawn money from them without a problem. The lack of players is the biggest problem.

The good news for iPhone users is Apple have finally approved a real money poker app for the iPhone according to this UK news site Bwin launched the new app last week but the bad news is you need to be living in either Austria or the UK to use it.

Until the whole legality of online poker is cleared up I think we're going to see iphone poker apps rolled out on a country by country basis over the next few years.

Last edited:

Rognic

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
I would definitely recommend Switch Poker. I've had no issue playing there at all. You can play real or play money, your choice.

I'd definitely give it a try.

Simm0nS777

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Northeast Ohio
if you are trying to play poker over your iphone you may need to seriously consider dialing the following number for some help 1-800-GAMBLER.

Now if you are just trying to play for a little fun the world series of poker app is cool

[ ] knows what hes talking about
[X] narrow minded poster

TopToffee

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008
I emailed Full Tilt today, about the possibility of their Rush Poker client being released for the iPhone/iPad, now that Apple are allowing poker apps into the store...

Their reply basically said that because flash doesn't work on iPhone, they can't transfer their client

I'm not being funny, but surely a company with the resources and money of Full Tilt, could manage to get a version of their software written that WOULD run on iOS?!

jaapdedaap

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2011
The zynga game is the best free game. When i play for money i take switchpoker.

does somebody have clue if this is true : pokerforiphone.net on that site they say you can play party poker also on iphone.. how does party poker works on my iphone ?

jakestipe

macrumors newbie
Jul 6, 2011
I doubt Full Tilt Poke will release an iPhone version of their Android app now seeing they're in so much bother with the FEDs in the states. I've checked a few sites like this one and they only list 2 real money poker apps for iPhones, Switch Poker and Bwin.

I've tried Switch Poker but it's a little basic. Looks like a poker rooms from the mid 90's but it's still better than nothing.

Bwin is much better. It's a proper native app that you can can find in the Apple App Store. Unfortunatley you can only use it while you are in Austria or the UK. I'm based in Dublin so I've only been able to use it while I'm visiting the wifes family in London. If you have an iPhone and are lucky enough to live in the UK or Austria then I would recommend giving Bwin for iPhones a whirl.

Last edited:

Laura82

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
I've tried few poker apps on Iphone but the one I liked the most is Switch Poker!

----------

Switch Poker is easy to use and I had no problems at all in withdrawing money with Moneybookers and Netellers..players are increasing so it is more fun!

Joell

macrumors member
Feb 16, 2010
Anyone know if any poker websites offer an iPhone or at least iPhone compatible interface to play online against others?

I know of scenario-poker that is a one player game but anyone know a multi-player version? Not necessarily for money, just fun?

Pokerist.com, WSOP or zynga

----------

Yeah, Swith Poker is legit. I've deposited and withdrawn money from them without a problem. The lack of players is the biggest problem.

The good news for iPhone users is Apple have finally approved a real money poker app for the iPhone according to www.iphonepokerapps.co.uk Bwin launched the new app last week but the bad news is you need to be living in either Austria or the UK to use it.

Until the whole legality of online poker is cleared up I think we're going to see iphone poker apps rolled out on a country by country basis over the next few years.

wow i did not think apple would ever allow real money apps into their store
good news nonetheless
though i dont think we're gonna see much progress anytime soon due to all the legal problems the online poker world has been seeing lately especially since black friday

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
The good news for iPhone users is Apple have finally approved a real money poker app for the iPhone according to www.iphonepokerapps.co.uk Bwin launched the new app last week but the bad news is you need to be living in either Austria or the UK to use it.

Great news, I've been waiting for a real-money poker app to appear on the App Store, thanks for making me aware of this.

For anyone who thinks its against the App Store rules - there are a multitude of spread-betting apps for financial markets and if those are allowed then poker apps should be because both are gambling (with some element of skill)

marycrad

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2011
Well it has finally happened. The news that every poker players was hoping for has come true this week when PokerStars managed to get their app approved by Apple. The bads news it the app is only available in the Italian iTunes account to begin with.

Since Apple have already approved the Bwin poker app in the UK, Austria, Hungary and Portugal, I can't see PokerStars having too many difficulties getting it approved it those countries also. Although they'll probably want to test for a couple of months in Italy before they release it in other countries. Details are still a little sketchy but you can read the full story now. The other good news is that Full Tilt look like they've found a buyer which would be great news for those of us who loved playing the Rush Poker iPhone app.

Last edited:

sigard

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2011
iPhone poker

As well as bWin there is also now Bet24 poker app in the app store, I'm sure there will be loads more coming out this year, i use Bet24 and its pretty good, runs at a decent speed and you can get up to £500 matched first deposit throuight his site I found Bet24 iPhone poker app . When I first signed up I didn't really understand how to play poker and then I found this site Royal Poker School its a little basic but gave me an idea of what I was doing!!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.