Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AFPoster

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2008
Charlotte, NC
Is anyone noticing that this is only $79.99 when on their site it's listed for $400.00. Is the Mac App Store version the same as the 400 or just a single user license. I am just not sure since it says it can maintain all the computers on a network so I am just curious before I buy. Any info would be helpful, thanks!

thankins

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2007
Is anyone noticing that this is only $79.99 when on their site it's listed for $400.00. Is the Mac App Store version the same as the 400 or just a single user license. I am just not sure since it says it can maintain all the computers on a network so I am just curious before I buy. Any info would be helpful, thanks!

Same version....just a price cut :)

Much like they did for Aperture

spacepower7

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2004
Ard

Is this the 10 user version or unlimited?

Or is there only unlimited version now?

And when and how much will the upgrade be when ARD 4 is released, most like in the Summer?

CalMin

Contributor
Nov 8, 2007
Is this the 10 user version or unlimited?

Or is there only unlimited version now?

And when and how much will the upgrade be when ARD 4 is released, most like in the Summer?

No-one knows but Apple, however if it sells for $80 I would not expect any special upgrade pricing.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
What exactly does ARD do? I'm wondering if it could help me fix crap that my parents need fixed over the Internet instead of me trying to walk one of them through stuff. I mean these are people who sometimes can't comprehend how to download photos and then erase them from the card. I also get an e-mail question from my mom every time there's an update message on her Windows computer. I know I can't fix that train wreck, but my dad uses an iMac and sometimes I figure it would help. It's just hard to know on something that's $80.

cerote

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2009
Used iChat to do show a friend something on her macbook the other day. Worked just fine. But it was nothing fancy. It was just a remote in on very low res screen.

ReggaeFire

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2003
What exactly does ARD do? I'm wondering if it could help me fix crap that my parents need fixed over the Internet instead of me trying to walk one of them through stuff. I mean these are people who sometimes can't comprehend how to download photos and then erase them from the card. I also get an e-mail question from my mom every time there's an update message on her Windows computer. I know I can't fix that train wreck, but my dad uses an iMac and sometimes I figure it would help. It's just hard to know on something that's $80.

For just one computer it's overkill, you're better off just using logmein.com

ARD is made for management of a larger number of Macs on your network, and allows things like remote installation of files (without interacting with the users desktop), getting reports on hardware or usage information, etc.

EmmEff

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2010
Ontario, Canada
For home use, does ARD do anything better than JollysFastVNC?

I do not mind spending the $80 if it's going to be faster and/or offer more capable in everyday use (ie. not remotely installing apps, which is not something I do everyday).

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
For home use, does ARD do anything better than JollysFastVNC?

I do not mind spending the $80 if it's going to be faster and/or offer more capable in everyday use (ie. not remotely installing apps, which is not something I do everyday).

I've found it to be a bit faster then VNC, and it has other features that VNC cannot support like file transfer, reporting, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.