Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tokolowicz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 8, 2005
Hi-

Office calendar reminders on my 2010 15" Macbook Pro (i7 processor) seem to automatically dismiss/disappear after appearing for a split second. The Office Reminders dock icon (alarm clock) and actual reminder flash for a brief moment, only to disappear immediately before I have time to even hit a button. This happens for all calendar events. I am receiving email notifications on my desktop without issue.

I have seen this issue since day 1 that Office 2011 was released. I have tried every possible solution to fix the problem. I have disabled Spaces, deleted all Microsoft library preference files (including the office reminder file), deleted and rebuilt Office identities. Most recently, I ordered a new hard drive for my Mac, and I performed a fresh install of the entire OS and ALL applications. Same exact issue. I have also downloaded all available Office 2011 updates (14.0.2).

This is not a server problem as I successfully get all calendar reminders to pop up on my Office/Outlook 2010 installation in my Windows 7 virtual machine.

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Please come forward if so. I desperately need a fix or else I may get fired if I keep missing all of my meetings :)

ductapehondo

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
Office Reminders not Appearing

hey all,
I'm having the same issue.
I'm on OSX 10.5.8 and Office 2011 Outlook

The Office Reminders program still opens and appears in the dock but the window is gone. I can go to "Open Item" from the menu bar or dismiss item or what have you, but I don't see the actual item without going to the calender itself, which doesn't help for tasks and such...
I basically know I have a reminder if I happen to see it in the dock, but then have to hunt for what the reminder is if not opening from the menu.

There has to be more than just a couple of us with this issue...no?

mendozaat

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2011
Me too: Office Reminders not appearing

I use my mac at work and rely heavily on the calendar appointments. Since installing Outlook 2011 in January I have not been able to use the calendar at all. This is a huge problem and as was previously mentioned, we can't be the only ones with this issue.

Advokit

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2011
Queens, N.Y.
MS Office 2011 Mac Office Calender Reminders not working

Hi-

Office calendar reminders on my 2010 15" Macbook Pro (i7 processor) seem to automatically dismiss/disappear after appearing for a split second. The Office Reminders dock icon (alarm clock) and actual reminder flash for a brief moment, only to disappear immediately before I have time to even hit a button. This happens for all calendar events. I am receiving email notifications on my desktop without issue.

I have seen this issue since day 1 that Office 2011 was released. I have tried every possible solution to fix the problem. I have disabled Spaces, deleted all Microsoft library preference files (including the office reminder file), deleted and rebuilt Office identities. Most recently, I ordered a new hard drive for my Mac, and I performed a fresh install of the entire OS and ALL applications. Same exact issue. I have also downloaded all available Office 2011 updates (14.0.2)....

Is anyone else experiencing the same problem? Please come forward if so. I desperately need a fix or else I may get fired if I keep missing all of my meetings :)

I have been having this exact problem since installing Office 2011 onto my MacBook Pro mid-2011 running OS X 10.7 Lion; I have since installed OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and the problem is still occurring. I have tried all of the suggested possible fixes MS has suggested, just like the OP did - zapping and rebuilding pref files, rebuilding my Office Identity, and doing a clean install of MS Office entirely, with no positive results -
the Office Reminders in Outlook 2011 appear for a split second and then disappear (the Calender Reminders icon in the Mac dock also momentarily opens and then closes at the same time). Also, when I try to open Office Calender Reminders by opening the Microsoft Office Reminder.app, the same thing occurs, the Reminders and Dock icon show up for a split second and are gone.

Has anyone figured out how to resolve this very annoying problem? Help!

tokul

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
Same problem, any solution?

This is a problem for me on a fully patched Mountain Lion system. Any workarounds or solutions?

tokul

macrumors newbie
Nov 5, 2012
fixed

I found I had an older version of the database daemon running. I deleted, restarted, and all is good now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.