Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cecoleman

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Anyone know how to stream the live TWIT feed to Apple TV? I've been trying to use the AirFlick app from Erica Sudan with no luck. I've scoured the web for a way of doing it. If I could find a way I would probably take out the Mac Mini out of my home theater and just use TV. I'd like to do it without jail-breaking btw.

cott1

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2011
would this potentially also allow me to stream my slingbox through my appleTV so that I can view it on my home television?
Also, does it require a jailbreak?

dgalvan123

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2008
Dunno about slingbox.

But using AirFlick DOES NOT require you to jailbreak your appleTV. It is basically exploiting AirPlay functionality that is built in to the latest appleTV operating system.

No jailbreak required. Check the link for instructions. You have to download AirFlick from Erica Sadun's web page, and make sure you have VLC installed. Then just craft a Terminal command line (as suggested in the instructions), run the command in Terminal, wait for VLC or ffmpeg to do their thing, and then make the URL to paste into AirFlick.

No, it's not super user-friendly. But it works.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.