Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BrieElyse

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
iPhone comes with GPS off did I turn this feature on? It says location services. Go to settings then privacy and its the top one. Make sure that's turned on. That may b why u can only find it under wifi. Ur phone must b close to a wifi source to use it so it locates its location and knows ur near not using wifi with location services off mine did the same thing. This may b late hope it does help

lke

macrumors 6502a
Jun 19, 2009
There are some features that Apple could add to make better the find my iphone

1- Locate your phone every X minutes, this way if you lost your iphone and they remove the sim or turn off wifi you could see the last location.

2- A security feature where the first owner of the iphone ( the first one to connect it to itunes or the first one to turn it on ) could store a find me account that it could only be disabled by the same people. This way when some one insert a new sim or they restore the iphone you could still find your iphone. Only the first owner could change this information, or delete this information.

3- Apple could also help owners locate their stolen iphones, they know where they are because an iphone constantly sends information to Apple servers when they buy apps, connect the iphone to itunes, etc.

4- Send an email with the last location or locations of your iphone, what is the reason to receive a mail saying that your iphone was located and when you access to view the location there is no information because they have deleted the icloud account.

Apple could help end the theft or lost iphones but they don't want because I am sure that is also a big business for them. When you lost your iphone you go and buy another one. Apple gain a lot of money from this.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
You guys do realize this thread is from Jan 2011. If you're going to dig up a thread from 2 years ago, don't pick one by a troll.

BTW, find my iPhone works very well.

mKTank

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2010
iPhone comes with GPS off did I turn this feature on? It says location services. Go to settings then privacy and its the top one. Make sure that's turned on. That may b why u can only find it under wifi. Ur phone must b close to a wifi source to use it so it locates its location and knows ur near not using wifi with location services off mine did the same thing. This may b late hope it does help
You didn't have to bump a two year old thread.

Seriously, stop with this crap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.