Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrwonkers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
Cyberia
I just bought an ipod mini and loaded it with tunes from my dads PC (sigh) now I need to copy these tracks into my library HOW....

I have tried these two options from previous posters :

( Its just as easy on the mac.
Use cmd-shift-G and type in /Volumes/"your ipod"/ipod_control/

Then you are good to go...

You can also use the terminal.
The iPod_control folder i just an hidden folder, its because apple has to follow some rules by RIAA or some other copyrights..

I just enable FW Disk mode and copy my songs manually. Since iTunes renames everything and reorganizes them strangely I find it easier to deal with that way too.)

of which neither worked.. :(

I am running itunes 4.7 with iPod2004-11-15 software under Mac OS X 10.3.6

I NEED A SOLUTION OR I AM GONNA CRY :(
Boo Hoo Hoo........
You get z idea yah.

Please if anybody has a solution I am at my whits end.....

HEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP...........

510roper

macrumors newbie
Apr 6, 2004
Utah (Yea.)
A Solution is Here!

I had the same problem.

If you are still wondering where how to, try going to Google and searching for 'iPod Download', or something like that. Some has written a simple application that embeds itself into iTunes, on a Mac. If you are using a PC, than...well, good luck!

But anyways, whenever you conect your iPod to your computer and open iTunes, it will run and give you a list of you songs on your iPod. You can then drag them to the library icon.

Hope this helps! If not, post and I will look for something else!

nuclearwinter

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2003
Milky Way
Well, whaddya know?!

believe it or not, but i am copying over my stuff right now! I use iPodRip. Its shareware, but you get 10 free transfers (not 10 songs but entire transfer "sessions," if you will). Go to macupdate.com and do a search for it. Best app ever. A real life saver in some occassions!

Let me know how that goes for ya!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.