Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

junii0r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
HEY ALL!!

So on Sunday i had to re download and install my FB app. while installing it had got stuck for a long time so i powered off/on my phone and it got stuck on the apple logo...for 2hrs...

so i just put in in dfu mode and plug it into itunes to do a full restore and the whole entire process went as normal, i even got the "Your phone has bee fully restored" pop up screen...

but here comes the problem..

itunes now doesn't read my device i get this messege "There is a problem with your Iphone.." (while my phone has a image of the itunes/usb screen) here is a pic of ITunes --->
full
http://twitpic.com/3obo2p/full

i have already tried the following..

full restore (10x's)
took it to best buy. no help.
called apple. no help

i don't now what else to do. i am trying my hardest to find help before i have to drive 2hrs to the nearest apple store but no luck as of yet..

I'm running the latest iphone 4 software. this software hasn't been jailbroken. i have a PC running windows 7 and am up to date to date with the itunes software as well...

i would greatly appreciate any help that i can get.

Cphaggar

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2011
Hey man, don't worry. There is nothing seriously wrong with your phone, it just needs to be activated. Take it to your local apple store and have them plug it into a computer in the store. The computers there will activate your phone with your carrier, and you'll be as good as new.

The reason why you're getting that image is because the phone thinks it has never been activated.

I believe that applegjuiced is correct in saying it might be your computer.

junii0r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
@Applejuiced ive put it i DFU mode over and over and still nothing. and as far as Applecare, i have JB this phone on 4.0 firmware (not 4.2) so didn't that void my warranty?

@Cphaggar im going to try that later today on a laptop. and the nearest apple store is about 2 hrs away from where im at. do you think a AT&T store will be able to activate it?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
@Applejuiced ive put it i DFU mode over and over and still nothing. and as far as Applecare, i have JB this phone on 4.0 firmware (not 4.2) so didn't that void my warranty?

@Cphaggar im going to try that later today on a laptop. and the nearest apple store is about 2 hrs away from where im at. do you think a AT&T store will be able to activate it?

No, as long as it's not jb right now then they will replace it.

junii0r

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 11, 2011
i tried 2 other computers and same problem. took it to att and same thing. idk whats wrong with it..

vachargerfan

macrumors regular
May 28, 2008
Try switching USB cables if you can. You might have something up with the cable. I got that error because it didn't like my top USB port. Switched ports and it went fine. But since you probably using the same cable, try switching

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.