Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uraniumwilly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2007
PhotoToMac is good, but it's not at full HD. What do people use to transfer at full HD?

uraniumwilly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2007
Thanks you.

It took a newbie to stoop so low so as to give me an answer. :cool:

I looked on these forums, did searches, did google searches and they all pointed me to 3rd party apps. I really did not know that iphoto would transfer HD video.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
If you're not going to use iPhoto to store the video then use the application called 'Image Capture.' (Comes with your Mac.)

It will just let you drag the video to any folder you want.

If you're gonna use iPhoto to keep your videos, then great. Use that. But if you just import it in there and then drag it out and erase it from iPhoto you can save a step by using Image Capture.

uraniumwilly

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 7, 2007
If you're not going to use iPhoto to store the video then use the application called 'Image Capture.' (Comes with your Mac.)

It will just let you drag the video to any folder you want.

If you're gonna use iPhoto to keep your videos, then great. Use that. But if you just import it in there and then drag it out and erase it from iPhoto you can save a step by using Image Capture.

Suhweet. I really should get and RTFM.

jlynn628

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2008
large videos

I have tried both Iphoto and Image capture. They are only transferring videos that are less than 10 seconds. I have 29 gigs of videos on my phone I NEED off. I can't do anything on my phone and really don't want to lose them. So I have been uploading hd to youtube and then downloading to my computer but that takes about 20-30 minutes per 5 minute video and some are almost 15 min. There has to be a way to be able to move them directly from the phone to the computer.

I have an Iphone 4 (4.2.1) and a mac book pro running snow leopard.

Thanks for any help you can give. I think I am even ready to spend up to $50 on software if I have to if I know for sure it does what I want it to quickly and easily.

raven77

macrumors member
Dec 9, 2008
I have tried both Iphoto and Image capture. They are only transferring videos that are less than 10 seconds. I have 29 gigs of videos on my phone I NEED off. I can't do anything on my phone and really don't want to lose them. So I have been uploading hd to youtube and then downloading to my computer but that takes about 20-30 minutes per 5 minute video and some are almost 15 min. There has to be a way to be able to move them directly from the phone to the computer.

Thanks for any help you can give. I think I am even ready to spend up to $50 on software if I have to if I know for sure it does what I want it to quickly and easily.
I know this doesnt help you but FYI, I'm on Windows 7 and my iPhone 4 shows up as a drive when I plug it in. I just drag and drop the videos from the folder to my desktop. I just a pulled a 20 minute video off that was over a Gig with no problems.
stupid, crappy Macs! lol

lucifiel

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2009
In your basement

What happens when you try to import via image capture videos which are more than 10 secs? I use Image capture and it works flawlessly with me. So it might help if we know what's going on?

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
I know this doesnt help you but FYI, I'm on Windows 7 and my iPhone 4 shows up as a drive when I plug it in. I just drag and drop the videos from the folder to my desktop. I just a pulled a 20 minute video off that was over a Gig with no problems.
stupid, crappy Macs! lol

No it may not help the OP but it did me. Thanks

Galarina

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2009
FYI

The latest version of PhotoToMac (released yesterday) now transfers HD video without compression. This means resolution as well as quality are identical to the original file on the iPhone.

PhotoToMac in the App Store

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.