Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lyngstad

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
If someone calls and I put it on silent, it turns completely off and keeps buzzing and ringing? It doesnt respond to anything I do. The only thing I can do is hold the power toggle and home button in some seconds and it goes back to the home screen? What's the problem? This shouldn't be happening? It seems like a bug or something? Should I return the device to Apple?

Thanks for any feedback! :)

Zac7

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2011
If someone calls and I put it on silent, it turns completely off and keeps buzzing and ringing? It doesnt respond to anything I do. The only thing I can do is hold the power toggle and home button in some seconds and it goes back to the home screen? What's the problem? This shouldn't be happening? It seems like a bug or something? Should I return the device to Apple?

Thanks for any feedback! :)

Did you by chance get water damage? I had a phone do this after being dropped in water. If that isn't it or thats not a possiblity try doing a reset, I think you hold down power and the home button for like 20 seconds till you see the apple logo. If that doesnt work go to the Apple store.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Check you water sensors. If they're red, well, there's your problem. :)

If not, take it in to an Apple store to have them look at it.

BHP41

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
United States of America
If nothings happened to the phone then try doing a restore through iTunes before making a trip to apple. It's likely that they will try that first anyways. Try doing one from backup, if that doesn't work try doing one as new. If that doesn't work then I would go see apple and get it exchanged.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.