Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sbb155

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
I bought a new penryn MBP
I installed vista
When I scroll on web pages it goes superfast
Cannot see touch panel in control panel to see ow to eliminate this scroll acceleration
What can i do?

chouhiroshi

macrumors newbie
Mar 23, 2008
Me 2

I have the same problem. I installed Windows XP in MacBook Air using BootKamp. The two fingures scroll is super fast. Anybody can help?

shokrone

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2007
I find the setting to be fine under XP, but I'm not sure what to do to help the guy who is having trouble in Vista (Though they're fairly similar interface-wise).

In XP go to the control panel (Fastest way: [Command]+R, type "control" without quotes and hit enter), switch to classic view if it isn't, and double-click on "Mouse". At the top of the window, there is a tab labeled "Wheel". Click on it, and from there you can adjust your scrolling speed, or you can instruct it to scroll in a way not unlike hitting [page up]/[page down].

As far as Windows is concerned, you're using the scroll wheel in the centre of a regular three-button mouse. Normally they click as they spin, which is why the speed setting is "number of lines per click". Every time I see one of those old Apple-brand mice, I feel compelled to wear mittens. :D

I hope this helps... But I don't know if it works for the Vista guy.

nilepharaoh1

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2011
In XP go to the control panel (Fastest way: [Command]+R, type "control" without quotes and hit enter), switch to classic view if it isn't, and double-click on "Mouse". At the top of the window, there is a tab labeled "Wheel". Click on it, and from there you can adjust your scrolling speed, or you can instruct it to scroll in a way not unlike hitting [page up]/[page down].

thank you very much. it solved my problem under windows 7. the steps are
start button, control panel, hardware, mouse, wheel tab, change the lines at a time (first box) to 1 instead of the default which is 3.

again, thank you,

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.