Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moidah

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2011
SATA-IDE adaptor for 1TB 2.5" drive

Hi,

Firstly, thanks to everybody who's posted on the forum, it's been very helpful in getting my drive prepped to put in the ATV. In the end it was the atvCloner that did the trick, so special thanks to dynaflash for a great little utility. :D

However, my problem now lies it hooking the SATA drive up to the IDE bus on the ATV. I bought an adaptor from Amazon, but only after the drive failed to mount on my desktop using an IDE drive enclosure did I discover in the small print that it only support drives up to 500G. :mad:

So has anyone got any recommendations for a SATA-IDE bridge that will work on a 1TB drive and be small enough to squeeze into the ATV and, crucially, can be bought in the UK or shipped there in less than a fortnight and for less than a small fortune?!

Many thanks in advance.

potatis

macrumors 6502a
Dec 9, 2006
Hi,

Firstly, thanks to everybody who's posted on the forum, it's been very helpful in getting my drive prepped to put in the ATV. In the end it was the atvCloner that did the trick, so special thanks to dynaflash for a great little utility. :D

However, my problem now lies it hooking the SATA drive up to the IDE bus on the ATV. I bought an adaptor from Amazon, but only after the drive failed to mount on my desktop using an IDE drive enclosure did I discover in the small print that it only support drives up to 500G. :mad:

So has anyone got any recommendations for a SATA-IDE bridge that will work on a 1TB drive and be small enough to squeeze into the ATV and, crucially, can be bought in the UK or shipped there in less than a fortnight and for less than a small fortune?!

Many thanks in advance.

Did you find anyone that works on 1TB drives? What model is the one that doesn't? Perhaps same as mine, Advantech PCM-233B? (http://www.advantech.eu/products/PCM-233B/mod_B4573DDA-1440-4D5D-8A16-75C0B67F86E3.aspx)?

Last edited:

moidah

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2011
Apple TV 1TB Hard Drive Upgrade Fail!

No, I eventually gave it up as a bad job. The adapter you link to is a bit too big to fit in the case, I think, even if it does support drives >500GB.

moidah

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2011
That wasn't me, it was denlesko.

But I might be tempted to give it another try at some point!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.