Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tolu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
My unlocked iPhone 3g iOs 4.0.1 suddenly stopped recognizing my sim card and any other sim. It says sim failure. Don't know what to do. Pls pls pls help!

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
My unlocked iPhone 3g iOs 4.0.1 suddenly stopped recognizing my sim card and any other sim. It says sim failure. Don't know what to do. Pls pls pls help!

What is your iPhone baseband? If it's 5.14 or 5.15 that's your problem.

nmiklas21

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2011
greetings from Athens!

What is your iPhone baseband? If it's 5.14 or 5.15 that's your problem.

I have a similar problem, I have bought a locked iPhone 4 32gb from the US (I'm using it in Greece currently) in the summer, I have the 4.0 iOS, baseband 01.59.00 and jailbroken. For the last days, several times the phone gets the no service message or sim failure, I have to either switch on and off the airplane mode, or to reset network settings or to hard reset to make it get a signal. Do you know what is going on? The problem has occured only a couple of times since I got the phone but not so often as the last 2 days.

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I have a similar problem, I have bought a locked iPhone 4 32gb from the US (I'm using it in Greece currently) in the summer, I have the 4.0 iOS, baseband 01.59.00 and jailbroken. For the last days, several times the phone gets the no service message or sim failure, I have to either switch on and off the airplane mode, or to reset network settings or to hard reset to make it get a signal. Do you know what is going on? The problem has occured only a couple of times since I got the phone but not so often as the last 2 days.

Is the iPhone unlocked as well, or no? That sometimes happens to me with my iPhone 4 on AT&T. It drives me insane. A hard reset fixes the issue.

nmiklas21

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2011
Is the iPhone unlocked as well, or no? That sometimes happens to me with my iPhone 4 on AT&T. It drives me insane. A hard reset fixes the issue.
I think the phone is still locked, I have tried hard reset, it works fine for a couple of hours and then ''no service'' or sim failure, I will try to update to 4.1 this weekend, keeping the same baseband ofcourse, hopefully I will get some better results

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
I think the phone is still locked, I have tried hard reset, it works fine for a couple of hours and then ''no service'' or sim failure, I will try to update to 4.1 this weekend, keeping the same baseband ofcourse, hopefully I will get some better results

Remember you can only update to 4.1 if you have SHSH saved.

tolu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
Re: Help! my iPhone won't recognize sim card

Psst Greek, don't know what my iPhone baseband is. Still don't know what to do!

tolu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
Re: Help! my iphone won't recognize sim card

Psst Greek, my iphone baseband is 5.13.04. What next?

tolu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2011
Re: Help! my iPhone won't recognize sim card

Psst Greek, I have ultrasnOw installed. But's turned off in mobile substrate addons. Do I have to uninstall it or turn it on? Also serial faker is turned off, though I don't know what it is!

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Psst Greek, I have ultrasnOw installed. But's turned off in mobile substrate addons. Do I have to uninstall it or turn it on? Also serial faker is turned off, though I don't know what it is!

If you're using T-Mobile U.S. make sure you have 3G off. It could be that something is wrong with your sim card. Uninstall and reinstall ultrasn0w.

nmiklas21

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2011
Are your host files edited? After that, put your iPhone in DFU mode then restore to 4.1
put it in dfu mode and restored it to 4.1, got the 1004 error at the end of the restore but now i'm stuck on dfu mode. Any ideas how to get out? tinyumbrella wont recognise the device as connected, tried holding home and power button but still dead..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.