Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

futboleddy

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2011
no description available

after using NoCashGBA for some time i have to keep on selecting the screen for the app. to identify that i am using it. and when i do select the app. it only recognizes me for a second, no joke... a second. Please HELP!!!

gkelly1117

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2011
well... not to be that guy, but do you know when you'd have an updated version that rids of microphone issue, because other than that. this emulator is solid dude.

Lucario

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2011
Sometimes when running this emulator, it just crashes without warning. Savestates don't load correctly, the cheats don't work right. Is it because I'm running 10.6.6, not 10.6.5? Please help me.

Kobe24Life

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2010
AWESOME THANK YOU!

I just have 1 problem playing Pokemon black, I can't seem to save, it says like the save report cannot be written or something like that when I try to save.

Also do you think zoomer will be ever on Mac?

Death The Kid

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2011
hi guys. i downloaded this and its working fine, but i would like to know where the save files are kept, since i want to use my old VBA save file to play emerald.

jarjarbink

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2011
Can someone let me know how to save while playing pokemon diamond please? i press menu and go to save game, but do not know how to retrieve it from there? is this right, and if so, how do i get to that file?

harry.s

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2011
it doesn't work in 10.6.6

when i open it it automatically quit.

yeh i have the same problem and I'm running 10.6.6 as well. This is the console message i am getting:

14/01/11 1:39:01 PM [0x0-0x607607].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs[10699] sh: /Users/Harry/Documents/NO/NoCashGBA.app/Contents/MacOS/Wineskin: No such file or directory

Isair

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
San Francisco, California
yeh i have the same problem and I'm running 10.6.6 as well. This is the console message i am getting:

14/01/11 1:39:01 PM [0x0-0x607607].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs[10699] sh: /Users/Harry/Documents/NO/NoCashGBA.app/Contents/MacOS/Wineskin: No such file or directory

The error is a bit self explanatory. You guys left it in a folder named NO$GBA in your ~/Documents. Get it out of that folder or rename that folder to something without the $ character. That's why I named the app bundle NoCashGBA instead of No$GBA in the first place.

after using NoCashGBA for some time i have to keep on selecting the screen for the app. to identify that i am using it. and when i do select the app. it only recognizes me for a second, no joke... a second. Please HELP!!!

Weird... Try deleting its settings files. Follow these steps:

1. Right click the app bundle and select "Show Package Contents."
2. There is an alias for the drive_c folder there, double click it.
3. Go to Program Files/NoCashGBA and delete NO$GBA.INP

hi guys. i downloaded this and its working fine, but i would like to know where the save files are kept, since i want to use my old VBA save file to play emerald.

Follow the steps I wrote (don't delete NO$GBA.INP :p) and then go to the folder named BATTERY. There you are.

AWESOME THANK YOU!

I just have 1 problem playing Pokemon black, I can't seem to save, it says like the save report cannot be written or something like that when I try to save.

Also do you think zoomer will be ever on Mac?

Try fixing permissions (via Disk Utility). No$Zoomer does not currently work correctly with wine, or I couldn't get it to. After my finals end this month I'll play a little with wine & winetricks to see if I can get it to work.

Last edited:

darkiller

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2010
thks so much for making this! just downloaded it and started up my pokemon platinum, runs so much smoother than desmume and i can speed up the game too! thks once again!

Kobe24Life

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2010
Try fixing permissions (via Disk Utility). No$Zoomer does not currently work correctly with wine, or I couldn't get it to. After my finals end this month I'll play a little with wine & winetricks to see if I can get it to work.

I fixed it using an AR code. Thanks again for No$GBA!

PS. If anyone else is having trouble with Pokemon Black, I'll send you the AR save fix code, and the other ones also.

mongjr

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2011
kingdom hearts black screen issue

great emulator! works way better than desmume. only problem i've had is the black screen anti-piracy fix in kingdom hearts 358/2 days. i know it's just a matter of patching the rom, but how exactly do you do that? :p im using a 13 inch macbook pro, thanks!

RandomGuy27

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2011
Oh my. This is fantastic! It's 100X better than Desmume! Thank you SO much. I really can't explain how grateful I am to you for this. I have been looking forever to find an emulator on mac (That doesn't constantly lag) and this is exactly what I was hoping to find. :D

futboleddy

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2011
Thank you

it worked!!!

Update: it didn't work :( when i downloaded the app. it worked fine. then when i used it the next day it just did the same thing as before. when i select the app. it recognizes me for a split second. then i have to keep on pressing the app. to notice me. i tried to delete the specific files you told me to delete though they kept on coming up again.

Last edited:

Death The Kid

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2011
I fixed it using an AR code. Thanks again for No$GBA!

PS. If anyone else is having trouble with Pokemon Black, I'll send you the AR save fix code, and the other ones also.

I got it to run, but my big problem is that the rom crashes randomly while im playing and it ends up not keeping my save, so that when i re open the rom, my save is gone.

P.S. I found the battery folder and was able to transfer my save, thx

benthewraith

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Having a similar problem with it running and then immediately quitting, and I don't think it has anything to do with the name of the app or where I left it.

Running 10.6.6 in 64-bit mode.

Console said:
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM WineskinLauncher[9393] NSDocumentController Info.plist warning: The values of CFBundleTypeRole entries must be 'Editor', 'Viewer', 'None', or 'Shell'.
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM [0x0-0x294294].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs Wineskin: Starting up...
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM [0x0-0x294294].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs Wineskin: reading all configuration information...
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM [0x0-0x294294].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs Wineskin: Starting up WineskinX11 (Xquartz)
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM [0x0-0x294294].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs Wineskin: Engine being used is WS5Wine1.3.11
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM [0x0-0x294294].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs Wineskin: WineskinX11 running on PID 8081
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM [0x0-0x294294].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs Wineskin: Fixing user folders in Drive C to current user
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM [0x0-0x294294].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs Wineskin: Starting specified executable in Wine
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM [0x0-0x294294].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs Wineskin: Wineserver running on PID 8081
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM WineskinLauncher[9414] Unable to find class: WineskinExtraLineThatShouldError, exiting
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM com.apple.launchd.peruser.501[101] ([0x0-0x295295].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs[9414]) Exited with exit code: 1
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM [0x0-0x294294].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs 50:58:
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM [0x0-0x294294].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs execution error: An error of type -10810 has occurred. (-10810)
1/19/11 8:39:46 PM [0x0-0x294294].No$GBA.Wineskin.prefs Wineskin: Sleeping and monitoring from the background while app runs...

KarrotKiller

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2011
Game ROMs???

Hey, I downloaded the emulator and it works fine, but I can't find any game ROMs for it that work properly. Can anybody send me some links for Pokemon ROMs that work with the emulator?

I use a Mac btw.

Last edited:

futboleddy

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2011
Build 6

build 6 works on my mac 10.6.6 so thank you. the only problem is that i have to select the app. only ONCE by holding the app. icon on my dock. then after that one time it works for the duration of the game. thank you for the update.

adidas101

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2011
i keep getting microphone wave in failure and recently couple hours ago, it would no longer save after i quit app, it would revert back to an older save but not the newest one i tried.

wave in failure happens often, like 10-15 mins of play

Kobe24Life

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2010
If I update, will I lose my last save files on my Pokemon game?

I don't want to lose 10+ hours on that game, I have 3 older versions of the No$GBA.

Isair

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
San Francisco, California
If I update, will I lose my last save files on my Pokemon game?

I don't want to lose 10+ hours on that game, I have 3 older versions of the No$GBA.

To make a clean update you need to delete the older version instead of overwriting it with the new version. So if you want to keep your save files just move them somewhere out of the app bundle, and then move them back inside the new app. Take a look at the older posts if you don't know where the save files are.

zxrax

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2011
Having an issue with No$ and Pokemon. In every ROM I've tried of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, it freezes during or after the first battle. Typically it's as soon as the foe Pokemon attacks. Is there a quick fix, am I doing something wrong?

Kon-Tiki

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2011
Having an issue with No$ and Pokemon. In every ROM I've tried of Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, it freezes during or after the first battle. Typically it's as soon as the foe Pokemon attacks. Is there a quick fix, am I doing something wrong?

I am having the same issue, except I am getting to the end of the first battle, the opponent has no health, but isn't fainting. I also happened to notice that the percent of real speed that its running at starts jumping all over the place.

rewind

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2009
Im having trouble running Pokemon Soul Silver, after I create my character and the game is about to start it freezes at a black screen. Anyone know how to fix this? Im not the greatest with emulators any help would be great thanks.

BTW other than this the emulator works fast way better than desume great job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.