Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
Hey there, ever since i updated to 10.6.6 and the very latest Nvidia CUDA driver update it seems that BOINC is no longer utilizing GPU.

Before those updates i had BOINC using the GPU a lot more and the settings where same as now.

Is the problem with BOINC and not with OS-X or CUDA updates?

Meldar

macrumors regular
What projects are you trying to use with CUDA?

I know Collatz fails. I talked with the project admin about it. He doesn't even own a Mac, so I've no clue why there even IS a Mac CUDA app there.

SETI doesn't work, nor does Einstein. Both need more than 450MB of VRAM, which many CUDA-enabled Mac cards simply don't have.

PrimeGrid's PPS and GCW sieve apps work fine on my GT 330M in the MacBook Pro. Running 10.6.6 and the latest BOINC version (6.10.58 - not the beta - this is important!)

As for where the problem lies...I dunno. I'd need a bit more information (ie what project/subprojects you're trying to run) and what kind of card you have.

Also...have you installed the full CUDA toolkit? To run a CUDA app you're gonna need libcudart.dylib and libcudart.dylib_200102 (or something - its signature) in the same folder.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
Hey there, ever since i updated to 10.6.6 and the very latest Nvidia CUDA driver update it seems that BOINC is no longer utilizing GPU.

Before those updates i had BOINC using the GPU a lot more and the settings where same as now.

Is the problem with BOINC and not with OS-X or CUDA updates?

You need to reinstall or update the CUDA drivers when you do a graphics update or the 10.x.x updates.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.