Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Jan PCGamer Big 10 for 2011:
I don't think they are ranked in any particular order.
1. Dragon Age 2- I may be interested if it is more open the the original.
2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution- That's a maybe.
3. Warhammer 40k, Dawn of War II Retribution- I don't think so.
4. StarWars: The Old Republic- My No.1 Gaming and MMO choice for 2011.
5. Crysis2- The original was ok, but I did not finish it.
6. Monaco- Huh?
7. Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad- Not on my radar.
8. Diablo III- Worth a big look.
9. Guild Wars 2- Worth a look.
10. Portal 2- Worth getting excited about?

Not part of the Big 10 a Dungeon Siege III Preview was included. The most exciting thing about it is that it is describes as an "open world rpg". Yeah Baby! :D

Last edited:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm mostly a PC gamer and none of those seem that interesting to me. Crysis 2, maybe, what made the original so good was the environment. And there's something about Portal 2 that I'm not keen on.

Mackilroy

macrumors 68040
Jun 29, 2006
I haven't paid much attention to Portal 2 – what's your beef with it, Dagless?

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I don't think Diablo III is going to be out this year.

Looking forward to Portal 2, Deus Ex 3, and The Witcher 2. Maybe Homefront, though I doubt it. Disappointed that they turned Dragon Age 2 into Mass Effect, though that's OK I suppose because it will probably be years before I'm done with the DA ultimate edition.

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
Surprised Dead Space 2 isn't on there as lots of sites are getting seriously excited about it on the strength of the demo. Diablo 3 (if we actually get it this year) is gonna be a must buy, time to retire D2. Duke Nukem Forever should be on that list too simply because the bloody thing is finally being released.
Deus Ex, potentially brilliant but Invisible War still leaves a bad taste and the first game is nigh on unsurpassable. And Crysis 2, I actually saw this at the Eurogamer Expo and it didn't look as impressive as the original probably due to consoles not being able to handle that level of graphics.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
I pre-ordered Dead Space 2 and Dragon Age 2. I am a bit paranoid of DA2, but from what I've been seeing, it's only the consoles that got the action-centric combat and on the PC it's still the tactical combat that I really enjoyed about the first. I would rather have the choice of character's race and so on, but I guess the trade off of hearing a voice is cool, but then again, maybe not. =\

I'm also looking forward to Mass Effect 3, given the developers took a step back towards Mass Effect and got rid of the Gears of War BS that almost ruined the game for me. STUPID COMBINED ACTIONS KEY!!! RAGE!!! :mad: Thankfully on the PC that was fixable, but I shouldn't have had to mod the game in the first place.

AND DEFINITELY The Witcher 2!!! :)

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
I can't wait for Portal 2 and Crysis 2. Luckily, that wait is only a couple of months. Diablo 3 should be interesting, but I'm amazed Mass Effect 3 wasn't on the list... WTH??? I've been playing the first two recently, and I think they are amazing. In my opinion, any list without Portal 2, Crysis 2 and Mass Effect 3 right up the top isn't worth reading.

aCondor

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2010
United States
Portal 2 is definitely worth a look. It is an awesome puzzle-type game with great dialogue. And I agree ^, the list is missing some serious contenders. Haven't heard of half those that are up there...

markbenaldo

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2011
top 10

the PC Gamer's Big 10 for 2011 was announced already. and the top10 list is the same on my lists except for the 2 games but i don't want to mention what are those games. still, i want to congratulate those part of big 10.

Mic360

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2009
Im looking forward to diablo III but I dont think its going to be released in 2011, but one can hope.

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
The PC version of Crysis 2 should be badass.

Indeed. Although I think it would be great if Crytek (or anyone else) were to port the original Crysis and Warhead to their more efficient and prettier CryEngine 3.

EDIT: I would also like to add Half Life 3 to my top 5 of 2011 (hopefully :p)

rekhyt

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2008
Part of the old MR guard.
Jan PCGamer Big 10 for 2011:
I don't think they are ranked in any particular order.
1. Dragon Age 2- I may be interested if it is more open the the original.
2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution- That's a maybe.
3. Warhammer 40k, Dawn of War II Retribution- I don't think so.
4. StarWars: The Old Republic- My No.1 Gaming and MMO choice for 2011.
5. Crysis2- The original was ok, but I did not finish it.
6. Monaco- Huh?
7. Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad- Not on my radar.
8. Diablo III- Worth a big look.
9. Guild Wars 2- Worth a look.
10. Portal 2- Worth getting excited about?

Not part of the Big 10 a Dungeon Siege III Preview was included. The most exciting thing about it is that it is describes as an "open world rpg". Yeah Baby! :D

Can't wait for Guild Wars 2, and Red Orchestra 2. Also Assassin's Creed 3, which is bound to be released late 2011 or early 2012.

theLimit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2007
up tha holler, acrost tha crick
The Witcher 2 and Portal 2 are they only must-buy games this year for me. I'll pick up Dragon Age 2 next year when it's released with all the add-ons. I don't believe Diablo III will be out this year, and I have serious doubts about Star Wars: The Old Republic being ready as well. When SW:TOR is released I seriously don't see myself playing anything else for a long, long while.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
That kind of pissed me off about Dragon Age. I bought the UBER NERD edition, then EA goes and releases an everything edition for less 6 months later.

I bought Awakening at full price! :mad:

Anyways I should hold off vor DA2, but I'm an addict. :(

milbournosphere

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'm most excited about Mass Effect 3, Portal 2, and Fable III. ME2 was great, I cannot wait to see how the plot concludes. Same thing with Portal. Meh on the Star Wars MMO, IMO. We'll see how the Batman sequel does as well. I just want to drive the Batmobile. :)

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Wasn't there a Dues Ex sequel published all ready that was considered a disappointment? Not sure, but seem to think that.

Like all badly traumatic experiences I have erased the invisible game from my memory...

Edwin

Rodus

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Midlands, UK
Invisible War was an insult to the original game, a truly nasty console port. @Edddeduck, any chance of Feral getting the rights to porting the original to OS X, I'm sure many of us here would happily buy it.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
Invisible War was an insult to the original game, a truly nasty console port. @Edddeduck, any chance of Feral getting the rights to porting the original to OS X, I'm sure many of us here would happily buy it.

I cannot speculate on that but I can say Deus Ex is on the massive whiteboard of suggestions from people like yourself. On a personal level if the chance came up to bring DeusEx to OS X I would vote for it but that is just because it is one of my favourite games, I would vote for Final Fantasy 7 as well but that does not mean either game will ever end up on OS X or ported by Feral!

Edwin

Last edited:

bluemonkeyguy

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
Well...

Crysis 2 handsdown for the multiplayer. I'm not so sure on the main campaign though. Only if on OSX. :rolleyes:

Portal 2, definite buy. Hopefully GLaDOS wont provide us any shortcake, pun intended. ;) :D

bluemonkeyguy

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
Crysis 3 might be available for OS X, since Crysis 2 was featured for the gaming consoles; sans the Wii.

...I don't seem understanding your logic. I will be playing Crysis 2 on my 27" iMac indefinitely but I wish major PC game companies like Crytek would expand their market directly more to the potential Mac gaming audience that like to game in style. :D

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
Most of those titles mentioned I haven't even heard of. :)

But I'm waiting for Microsoft Flight - and desperately hoping it'll be backwards compatible with all my addons. Most of all, I hope it'll run faster and more efficiently on my Mac Pro than FSX does. FSX is relatively sluggish on all but the most wildly overclocked PCs. X Plane just doesn't do it for me, I'd had to go without all my favourite addons.

I might go without an MD-11, but I'll never go without a good Concorde. The one I have was built with all the knowledge and expertise of people who designed/operated the real one. It's as close to the real thing as a computer simulation can get (only a couple of small things aren't simulated, everything else is). Just that one addon is more costly than FSX itself, but it's really worth it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.