Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CLMeadow

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2011
“Sent from my iPhone. Feelings of jealousy are normal and cannot be helped.”

-OR -

“Sent from iPhone, so please excuse brevity and typos!”

hismikeness

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
My first experience with mobile email was on my iPod Touch. Naturally, I had to use it at home, and usually I was not at my computer, hence, my sig was:

Sent from my iPod, probably from the bathroom

People got a good laugh out of that, so when I switched to the iPhone, I changed it and currently have it as:

Sent from my iPhone, not necessarily from the bathroom

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
it used to be the default one, then i changed it to "Sent on the go" now I just don't have anything. Often times I write such long emails, that are nearly identical to the ones I write on my computer so hey....whats the difference? If the signature has "Sent on the go" or something close to that at the end, people just get a sense of not to bother me because they think I'm driving or something, not good for business

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
will Apple ever add signatures to sms messages. im just wondering because i know someone who has it on a different phone. i guess it doesnt go towards the character count limit so why wouldnt they add it

Xenc

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
London, England
will Apple ever add signatures to sms messages. im just wondering because i know someone who has it on a different phone. i guess it doesnt go towards the character count limit so why wouldnt they add it

This is what I thought of when you mentioned that:

ez5vI.jpg

Lukeyy19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
England, UK

This is what I thought of when you mentioned that:

ez5vI.jpg

if they were my friend, I would stop talking to them, that would be so annoying!

of course it would count towards the character count, it is being sent from the phone on the end of the text message, its extra characters...

In other news, i felt "Sent from my iPhone" was too pretentious, so i changed mine to:

--- --- --- ---
My Name - Lukeyy19
This email was composed on a Mobile Phone
--- --- --- ---

I also use "Tablet Device" and "Mac" instead of "Mobile Phone" on my iPad and iMac.

although i very rarely send emails except to companies, in which case i remove the signature, so they are rarely used...

Last edited:

nunes013

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2010
Connecticut
if they were my friend, I would stop talking to them, that would be so annoying!

of course it would count towards the character count, it is being sent from the phone on the end of the text message, its extra characters...

In other news, i felt "Sent from my iPhone" was too pretentious, so i changed mine to:

--- --- --- ---
My Name - Lukeyy19
This email was composed on a Mobile Phone
--- --- --- ---

I also use "Tablet Device" and "Mac" instead of "Mobile Phone" on my iPad and iMac.

although i very rarely send emails except to companies, in which case i remove the signature, so they are rarely used...

exactly why i wouldnt use it

ineedamac

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
I really wish you could have multiple signatures so I would have a personal one and a work one.

I agree. I currently have the default signature. I'd prefer to have one for my Exchange account and one for my personal email.

G550 Pilot

macrumors newbie
Nov 18, 2010
You guys are a little over the top thinking that "sent from my iPhone" is bragging...

Its not like iPhone/smartphone usage is exclusive today folks...:rolleyes:

Its just one way to say that you are away from your home/desk and may be short with the reply.

Pink∆Floyd

macrumors 68020
Nov 21, 2009
Up There
I keep mine default: "Sent from my iPhone"

You guys are over reacting by thinking you're bragging if you keep it default.

are thou not happy for thy haz iPhone?

Mabyboi

macrumors 6502
Apr 23, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Thanks,
(My Name)
- Sent From My iPhone 4

iPhone 4's are still hard to get up here.. i like to flaunt it. But if im sending a business email, or an email to a professor then I remove the "- Sent From My iPhone 4"

I've been debating about switching it to

- Sent From My White iPhone 4

Input?

mavrick1903

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2010
Mine is:

"Sent from my mobile devise"

This covers spelling/grammer issues. tells you I'm not at a work station at the moment. is good for home or work emails (I use my iPhone for both) and does not show people what kind of phone I have.

hismikeness

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
How about this one:

Sent from my iPhone. I was playing Angry Birds, which is why it took so long to respond.

Nrwrit3r

macrumors 6502a
May 25, 2010
"Sent from my phone"

Just so they know it was...it makes it better because if your reply seems unusually short, or there is some grammar mistake in it, they know you sent it from your phone.

But yeah I took off the iphone part because I hated that

RebeccaL

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2011
I find the default "sent from my iPhone" signature arrogant. iPhone owners wil know it is set by default but other people will think you are saying: "I have an iPhone and you don't!".

I use "Sent from my phone" instead. It lets other people know I am not at my desk at the moment and also excuses the typos common in mobile phone keyboards.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
I don't find "Sent from my iPhone" as arrogant as "Sent from my iPhone <model>". If you are doing the latter option, it seems like you are letting people know that you purposely changed it to show off. Otherwise, they might think "Hey, that person probably just left it as default but at least they aren't intentionally trying to show off"

I haven't really thought about it but I guess I could change it to "Sent from my mobile device"

Lukeyy19

macrumors 6502a
Feb 16, 2010
England, UK
Mine is:

"Sent from my mobile devise"

This covers spelling/grammer issues. tells you I'm not at a work station at the moment. is good for home or work emails (I use my iPhone for both) and does not show people what kind of phone I have.

I can't tell if the incorrect spelling of 'device' is a typo or an intentional play on the fact that it is there to account for spelling/grammar mistakes...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.