Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edoras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
Malaysia
I just purchased a Mac Mini but not sure which webcam works best for Facetime or Skype or Photo Booth etc.
I only managed to read one person (Mark from Amazon review) regarding his experience with C310. However, I am unable to read any other reviews regarding its compatibility with Mac OS X.

Anyone else have experience using the Mac with this Logitech C310? Thanks.

swirlybee

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2007
I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have the C510 and I have no problems using Facetime, Skype or Photobooth. (I use Facetime and Skype regularly but I've only used Photobooth to see if it would work with the webcam).

edoras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
Malaysia
I don't see why it wouldn't work. I have the C510 and I have no problems using Facetime, Skype or Photobooth. (I use Facetime and Skype regularly but I've only used Photobooth to see if it would work with the webcam).
Awesome!
I think I will get the C510 since its only $10 more than C310 and its 8MP...!
Thanks!

edoras

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
Malaysia
Please come back and let us know how you like it. Thx.
The weird thing is that it seems the Logitech HD Webcams have not arrived in any of our electronic shops. They said its coming quite soon...
I will keep this thread updated soon! Cheers!

feeth

macrumors 6502
Jul 20, 2010
If you can't get your webcam to work, install manycam. That is what I ended up doing on our mini.

MBov

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2011
Logitech C310 Webcam with Mac

I received the Logitech C310 Webcam as a gift. I've read mixed things on whether this can even be used with a Mac. I'm having a hard time getting it to work. Has anyone else used this model with the Mac?

MBov

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2011
I'm trying to use it on a Mac Mini. It doesn't recognize the hardware when I plug in the USB and the installation disk comes up on the desktop, but can't figure out what to do..

BigDukeSix

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2010
34.6700N 118.1590W
Well, the install disk that probably came with it if for a PC, so that won't work. And, you will have to open an application like PhotoBooth, Skype or Facetime to select that camera as a video source. When you do, it should work. It won't just show up on the desktop.

iPhisch

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
Indiana
i have the Microsoft Lifecam HD-5000
works great (except that it won't do HD FaceTime like the macbook pros do)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.