Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
Hi,

I followed the shortcut guide below to change the three-button EXPORT command in Adobe Lightroom but I couldn't get it to work. Can anyone help?
The menu title in Lightroom shows up as "Export..." so I typed that in to the panel.

"Open up System Preferences and then choose Keyboard. Click the Keyboard Shortcuts tab and then the plus sign. This will provide you with a little panel that will let you override a keyboard shortcut for a specific application or all applications. All you have to do is type in the exact menu title of the command in the panel and the new keyboard shortcut you want to assign to it. When you're done, click add, and it'll immediately be the active keyboard shortcut for the command you specified.

Keep in mind that you can take the same basic steps to create a new keyboard shortcut in any application, so it's not just about remapping current shortcuts."

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
No. Single key command of a much-used function is more efficient. I had the export key remmapped to "E" using Timothy Armes "Keyboard Tamer" plugin but it stopped working after Lightroom 3.2.

You're a leftie then I suppose?

Nov 28, 2010
located
No. Single key command of a much-used function is more efficient. I had the export key remmapped to "E" using Timothy Armes "Keyboard Tamer" plugin but it stopped working after Lightroom 3.2.

I know that pressing a key command with two fingers does not take as long as with three fingers, but the difference should be in the deciseconds.
I use my left hand for CMD+SHIFT+E, the thumb for CMD, the little finger for SHIFT and the index finger for E.

But I know, that changing shortcuts for Adobe products is a pain in the arse, especially if you don't have a tilde key on your board and use AE.

pjny

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 18, 2010
There should be no reason why one can't be allowed to use an app-specific command such as "E" to export instead of contorting your fingers for several hours a day exporting images.

My question asked for a solution to a particular workflow issue, not to stir a debate about which method is quicker or marginally less convenient. If you have no problem contorting your
hand hundreds of times a week, good for you. I have to process several hundred images a week and need something more efficient.

I know that pressing a key command with two fingers does not take as long as with three fingers, but the difference should be in the deciseconds.
I use my left hand for CMD+SHIFT+E, the thumb for CMD, the little finger for SHIFT and the index finger for E.

But I know, that changing shortcuts for Adobe products is a pain in the arse, especially if you don't have a tilde key on your board and use AE.

RPGKEYS

macrumors newbie
Aug 22, 2011
My answer was meant condescending, but as you may have already found out during your own research, it seems to be not possible.

The only "solution" I found: http://www.rpgkeys.com/product.php?productID=45

Though it includes no dedicated EXPORT button.

Maybe contact Adobe about that issue and see if they could help you.

Tim here from RPG KEYS....
Just a quick correction....
The keys DO INCLUDE an export button.

Our application includes 2,700 Lightroom specific functions that you can put onto the keys to fit your own editing style.

Cheers
Tim

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.