Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
...I don't seem understanding your logic. I will be playing Crysis 2 on my 27" iMac indefinitely but I wish major PC game companies like Crytek would expand their market directly more to the potential Mac gaming audience that like to game in style. :D

Will you be playing Crysis 2 on your iMac running OS X without any sort of Boot Camp or Virtualization software? No. ;)

Tesseract

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2008
1. Dragon Age 2- Probably going to be amazing, and worth every penny, just like all other Bioware games.... even if it departs from DA:O's gameplay and isn't a CRPG.
2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution- A lot of potential for this one, if they do it right.
3. Warhammer 40k, Dawn of War II Retribution- Meh. DoWII is a great game, for sure, but I'm more of an SC2 player myself, even though they're not perfectly comparable.
4. StarWars: The Old Republic- No thanks. Did my time in WoW. Don't have enough time to throw into an MMO. It could be a truly fantastic game though.
5. Crysis2- More interested in this from a technology standpoint. Gameplay looks bland, linear, and toned down compared to Crysis 1.
6. Monaco- huh?
7. Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad- Don't overlook this series. If you are at all interested in playing or trying out a quite realistic and technical shooter... Red Orchestra has always been in the top 3. Its right up there along with Project Reality mod for Battlefield 2, and ArmA I/II.
8. Diablo III- Absolute must buy. Knowing Blizzard, it probably won't come out until next year.
9. Guild Wars 2- Slightly interested in this. As long as my friends are interested anyways.
10. Portal 2- Absolute must buy. Portal plus co-op? Yes please. Portal 1 was a landmark game.

11. Witcher 2- Keep your eyes on this one. Witcher 1 was a surprise hit. Witcher 2 looks to be a possible masterpiece.
12. That DCS A-10 simulator is looking extremely good. Ignore if you aren't interested in simulators. The manual will likely weigh more than your table.
13. Dungeons- I'm actually really interested in this.

bluemonkeyguy

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2010
Will you be playing Crysis 2 on your iMac running OS X without any sort of Boot Camp or Virtualization software? No. ;)

Of course not. Since the announcement of Crysis 2, it will only be catered to Xbox, PS3, and PC users. I just didn't understand where Crysis 3 came from and the wii comment. :)

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
In a cup of orange juice.
12. That DCS A-10 simulator is looking extremely good. Ignore if you aren't interested in simulators. The manual will likely weigh more than your table.

I bought the beta of this and it was well worth it. AWESOME simulator, even with its quirks and performance hiccups.

I bought a CH Fighterstick and CH Pro Throttle, AND a TrackIR 5 just for this game.

I installed the manual on my Kindle. :p Didn't want to print out 600+ pages of something that wasn't finished yet.

Anyways, rambles, but I'm glad this game came along as I've always liked flight-sims and played them quite a bit back in the eighties and early ninties. I just couldn't bring myself to forking out the doe for a good stick, so all is happy now.

Another game worth looking into -- which was released November of last year, is Apache Air Assault. It's only available for digital download from Yuplay, and it's more arcade-ish than simulator, but it's still a hell of a lot of fun -- especially with head tracking to aim the main canon.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

I assume this is a PC only sim? I'm sad that my interest in flt sims has plummeted over the years.

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
I assume this is a PC only sim? I'm sad that my interest in flt sims has plummeted over the years.

It's PC only.

My interest in flight sims sky rocketed again AFTER finally buying real joysticks. All the cheapo joysticks this century are crap compared to what was available prior.

Flight sims and racers are more enjoyable with a TrackIR. You should get one. :)

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Super excited for Deus Ex: Human Revolution. The first Deus Ex is my third favorite game of all time. The previews and gameplay trailers look fantastic.

I think the second Deus Ex: Invisible War wasn't a bad game, but when we all played Deus Ex, the original, it just makes it look like a joke.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
It's PC only.

My interest in flight sims sky rocketed again AFTER finally buying real joysticks. All the cheapo joysticks this century are crap compared to what was available prior.

Flight sims and racers are more enjoyable with a TrackIR. You should get one. :)

I liked CHProducts and Saitek, but my impression is that Saitek has taken a quality hit over the years. Have both gathering dust in my closet.

Wow, I wonder how effective TrackIR is? I assume the game does not have to support it?

karsten

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2010
looking forward to DA 2 and crysis but my backlog is so huge i dont know when i'll get them played:/

JackAxe

macrumors 68000
Jul 6, 2004
I liked CHProducts and Saitek, but my impression is that Saitek has taken a quality hit over the years. Have both gathering dust in my closet.

Wow, I wonder how effective TrackIR is? I assume the game does not have to support it?

I owned a CH joystick, then Fighterstick Pro back before USB ports. That's why I stuck with their brand. I think the high-end saiteks are still good, but I'm not into the force-control, or whatever they're using.

Anyways, I trust CH's quality and they feel just as precise now as they did when I was younger. My Logitech Wingman had a huge dead zone in the center and my game-pad thumb-sticks are just way too touchy.

The game does have to support it, but there's a HUGE list of title that added in support. Even cheese games like HAWX support it on a simpler level.

Here's a list;
Supported games.

The key games I like are supported, so it was worth the investment.

juliancs

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2006
So many MMORPGS to watch.. Im going to pre-order Rift instead of getting back into wow. Looks very, very polished (reviews back this up). Nothing innovative but fun and clean.
SW:TOR looks awesome, as does Guild Wars 2. TERA looks cool as well...

Then there is Skyrim, Diablo 3...

Lots to do in 2011!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
So many MMORPGS to watch.. Im going to pre-order Rift instead of getting back into wow. Looks very, very polished (reviews back this up). Nothing innovative but fun and clean.
SW:TOR looks awesome, as does Guild Wars 2. TERA looks cool as well...

Then there is Skyrim, Diablo 3...

Lots to do in 2011!

Regarding MMOs- Star Wars the Old Republic is my next chosen adventure. Fingers crossed it won't suck... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.