Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stirolak123

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 12, 2010
Just wqnted to let you guys know. And toucharcade mentions an eploit where u can still add any game onto it via a third party explorer app so for those of u who havent grabbed it the first time do it as its free. Now u can get ur masters of orion and xcom fixes on the go.

stuartmeyers

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
Sydney
iDos is back

I was spewing I missed it the first time although I found a quote from a website but have yet to try it as I dont have any old DOS games with me at work. Good luck!

"Update at 1:16 p.m. PDT: iOS games blog Touch Arcade points out that there's still a way to add files to the application using Macroplant's cross-platform iPhone Explorer utility. This solution does not require jailbreaking of the iOS device, though may lead to the app getting yanked again."

Check this out where it says "YOU CAN STILL INSTALL GAMES, EVEN IF NOT JAILBROKEN!"
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=81418&page=6

cRuNcHiE

macrumors 6502a
Jan 2, 2007
This has gone from the app store AGAIN!

Probably due to the above workaround

I installed this yesterday and it worked fine but now it won't load. It starts to show the idos logo then goes back to springboard. I rebooted and same problem.

Have apple used the kill switch?

KevinM2

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2009

I installed this yesterday and it worked fine but now it won't load. It starts to show the idos logo then goes back to springboard. I rebooted and same problem.

I also installed this yesterday, and I have just tried it, and iDOS booted fine, and both games that I downloaded started and played fine.

This was on my non JB'd iPad

stuartmeyers

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2010
Sydney

Make sure your cable is not connected when you use/start iDos.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.