Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

apatel87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Hi this question is mainly directed towards those who have XBMC up and running on their ATV2. I currently have a MAc Mini HTPC and love PLex. I love the metadata collection with poster artwork, and I love the Night skin. My question is:
1. Does the XBMC build support metadata and artwork. I saw the preview videos and didnt see any

2. Is it customizable in terms of what skin to install?

important

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2009
Hi this question is mainly directed towards those who have XBMC up and running on their ATV2. I currently have a MAc Mini HTPC and love PLex. I love the metadata collection with poster artwork, and I love the Night skin. My question is:
1. Does the XBMC build support metadata and artwork. I saw the preview videos and didnt see any

2. Is it customizable in terms of what skin to install?

Yes and yes.

apatel87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Yes and yes.

Are there any videos or examples of this in action? I have not see a single video with the metadata and artwork loaded. I only see the list view with no artwork. Did you personally try this build of XBMC? Thanks!

akula169

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2011
XBMC does its own metadata lookups against the database you specified when you selected the media type when you set up your share.

It does its best to match based on the filename, but doesn't always work.

My install was able to pick up at least half the metadata for my files - you should see the scanning progress in the top right a few moments after XBMC loads up.

The version of XBMC I run on my old xbox allows me to fine tune the matching, but I've yet to find out how on the ATV version. I'm sure this is something that will be easier to do in later updates.... it may already be there, I just haven't found it yet...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.