Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

itsryanlilly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2011
I've had the Iphone 4 since it came out and haven't been on my old Iphone 3G

I recently found my old 3G and I know I won't be able to make phone calls on it but I wanted to be able to listen to the music on it like an ipod but I forgot my password for the 3G although I know the password I had on for the 3G's SIM.

I connected it to Itunes and can listen to the music on the computer but it's still locked....any ideas how I can unlock it without deleting the music?

Thanks

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I've had the Iphone 4 since it came out and haven't been on my old Iphone 3G

I recently found my old 3G and I know I won't be able to make phone calls on it but I wanted to be able to listen to the music on it like an ipod but I forgot my password for the 3G although I know the password I had on for the 3G's SIM.

I connected it to Itunes and can listen to the music on the computer but it's still locked....any ideas how I can unlock it without deleting the music?

Thanks

If it says its disabled then you typed the wrong password too many times.
Plug it to itunes and restore it.
Everything will be deleted from it but you could sync the music back to it thru itunes.

itsryanlilly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2011
If it says its disabled then you typed the wrong password too many times.
Plug it to itunes and restore it.
Everything will be deleted from it but you could sync the music back to it thru itunes.

Ya I tried to guess my old password but didn't get it, I know the phones SIM password can I do anything with that? And If I sync the music will it mess up the stuff on my Iphone 4? That's what I'm worried about?

Thanks for the fast response btw

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
Ya I tried to guess my old password but didn't get it, I know the phones SIM password can I do anything with that? And If I sync the music will it mess up the stuff on my Iphone 4? That's what I'm worried about?

Thanks for the fast response btw

No, the sims password has nothing to do with the iphone passcode.
And if you sync your music and stuff back to your old iphone 3G it will not mess up anything with your iphone 4.

gonfekojnat

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2011
Iphone is disabled connect to Itunes"

"My Iphone ( not stolen please ) is disabled connect to Itunes" too!

I follow rule by rule the steps taken to restore it - BUT it didnt worked as instructed.

My i tunes v 10.5.2.1 has it got to do with the latest i tunes version ?

Why ?

Can someone give some good advice so I can get it fix ?

Like who to approach in Apple Support etc etc ?

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
"My Iphone ( not stolen please ) is disabled connect to Itunes" too!

I follow rule by rule the steps taken to restore it - BUT it didnt worked as instructed.

My i tunes v 10.5.2.1 has it got to do with the latest i tunes version ?

Why ?

Can someone give some good advice so I can get it fix ?

Like who to approach in Apple Support etc etc ?

You need to put it in dfu mode and restore it with itunes.
Have the latest itunes version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.