Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CarolMarie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2011
Anyone else out there using a LaserJet 4000 with their iMac? I went and bought a parallel print to USB port cable and connected them, but it only prints intermittently. I've been unable to determine why it hangs up and what gets it going again.

Thanks,

Carol Marie

chris98vf

macrumors regular
Mar 3, 2010
I use very old HP laserjets and I've never had a problem with drivers however I always use IP printing. If the 4000 supports it you may have been better off buying a jetdirect card off of eBay than the USB-Printer parallel cable
edit: Just looked and the drivers are included in OS X 10.6.6

RoseB

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2011
HP Laserjet 4000 printing intermittently

I am a new iMac user and I'm having issues printing with my HPLJ 4000. It takes the longest time to spool and gather data. I am waiting several minutes between pages. Does anyone know why this is happening? I printed out the configuration and it appears that it has a JetDirect installed but I have a parallel cable connected.
I have Googled this topic and the solutions from people are over my head. I would appreciate someone giving me a layperson's explanation of what I need to do to get this resolved.
Thanks

blueroom

macrumors 603
Feb 15, 2009
Toronto, Canada
I have an LJ4000 with a JetDirect NIC and it works like a charm with OS X 10.6.7

Connect a network cable between the JetDirect card and your router, print a configuration page if you need the IP for OS X.

The parallel port was dead a decade ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.