Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sim667

macrumors 65816
Dec 7, 2010
Tell you what. PM me your resume. We have offices throughout Europe, let me see what I can do. I can give you more details about the company over PM.

Fantastic, thanks! I was gonna give it a tidy up today, so ill try and send it through when i get home from work (everything at work is blocked, inc email attachments).

mus0r

macrumors regular
Mar 27, 2005
So are you certified? Or did you just take the course?

I'm near Chicago and have 5+ years in an education setting, caring for 1000 client machines and 8 Apple servers for hundreds of users :D

Currently employed, but I would assume Chicago = more money :)

LOL Quoted wrong guy

calderone

Cancelled
Aug 28, 2009
I'm near Chicago and have 5+ years in an education setting, caring for 1000 client machines and 8 Apple servers for hundreds of users :D

Currently employed, but I would assume Chicago = more money :)

LOL Quoted wrong guy

Fire your resume over.

calimedic911

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2010
A lot of you are comparing apples and oranges here. Cisco certs are for working with network devices such as routers and switches. Apple certs are for working with Macs and Mac software. Different certs; different purposes.

Apple offers the following IT certs as of this writing:

Mac Integration Basics 10.6 - Entry-level and can be taken online.

Apple Certified Support Professional 10.6 - Computer exam at Prometric.

Apple Certified Technical Coordinator - 2 tests at Prometric.

Apple Certified System Administrator - 4 tests at Prometric.

Hope that helps.

---------------------------------
Apple Certification Videos

most of the apple courses are either live traing at a training center or are self study through study guide and test simulators. I believe some of the testing centers are trying to make online training available but I know up here in Seattle, it is not an option yet. I personally find self study easier with VM's. if you find classroom easier then go with that.

IF your friend is needing someone to do connectivity between pc and mac, there is an actual course available for that (with cert as well I believe) if you are looking for mac osx support then go with the essentials cert. work with your friend to determine exactly what his need is. if he is trying to get the MAC approved shop qualification, make sure you and he look at the requirements as they are pretty detailed and bizaare (As well as expensive)

if you arelooking for a computer and network security cert try looking at the COMPTIA stuff. they are about as vendor neutral as is available.

Sean

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.