Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aduteau

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Im from Canada ... And omg the ibook store selection is really poor for titles selection ... Is the ibook store in the USA as cheap in selection of good titles as over here ??

The store is nowhere near the kindle store selection ....

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
The selection in the US sucks as well. I just stick with the Kindle App and books.

nwcs

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2009
Tennessee
It's marginal. The big problem with iBookstore is that if you don't know what you're looking for it's a royal pain to just browse. Like if I want to look at all photography books I am out of luck. Most of the time you just have to do some searches and you sometimes get lucky. But if you're browsing then you only see a small number. I've purchased a few but I've been thinking of kindle, too.

aduteau

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Can anyone tell me if the US ibook store has the Wheel of time series ... ?
Any of the Sword of truth series ?

I am a big fan of fantasy novels ... and in our Canadian store we have close to nothing in regards to good series or Authors in this genre ... :(

I would gladly go with the Kindle app and purchase them there ... but I really like the iBook app interface better then the Kindles :(

Also are the prices in the ibook store better, equal or worst then the kindle store ?

Should I jump ships in eBook Apps ?

eXistance360

macrumors member
Jun 5, 2007
Can anyone tell me if the US ibook store has the Wheel of time series ... ?
Any of the Sword of truth series ?

I am a big fan of fantasy novels ... and in our Canadian store we have close to nothing in regards to good series or Authors in this genre ... :(

I would gladly go with the Kindle app and purchase them there ... but I really like the iBook app interface better then the Kindles :(

Also are the prices in the ibook store better, equal or worst then the kindle store ?

Should I jump ships in eBook Apps ?

you can view the kindle store online at amazon.com

check it out for yourself, see if theres what you want and what the prices are

RaceTripper

macrumors 68030
May 29, 2007
I gave up on the iBook store 6 months ago. I mostly use iBook for epubs and pdfs I've gotten elsewhere. Even that isn't so great because the iBook app is pretty sluggish. The Kindle app is much more responsive. Now I'm getting mobi versions of my epubs and installing them in the Kindle app.

The iBook app and store needs lots of work.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.