Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Strychnine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
I'm a n00b mac user here, looking for some much needed help!

I would like to add -console at the end of the vampire.app directory using the terminal, after hours trying to find some help I still have nothing.

Please help me, I am not running an emulator or using mounted disc images.

Thank you

RichardBeer

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2009
England
To my knowledge there is no VTM:Bloodlines port for mac. The game barely runs on Windows it's so buggy, the company that produced it went bankrupt shortly after it's release, so the only work on it after that were a posthumous patch or two by fans and ex-employees.

As to your question, in the windows version the console can be opened in game without such tweaking, just look around a little.

I'd be interested in knowing how you are actually running this on OS X short of attempting to run it with cider.

Strychnine

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 26, 2011
Thank you for your reply Mr. Beer.

I downloaded this game for PC last year, added the -console to the .exe extension and it ran alright (a bit laggy on my PC)

I assure you it runs smoothly if not better than on my PC, but I cannot for the life of me figure out this terminal business to add cheats.

also, it does use cider but I was unaware of what this was...again, newbie here.

Thanks again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.