Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Verizon has begun sending out information to corporate customers with more details about their iPhone launch. Verizon is offering existing customers a chance to buy the Verizon iPhone on February 3rd, a week before the general public.

According to the email we've received, Verizon will begin pre-order sales at 3am Eastern on February 3rd. - Make sure you have your My Verizon self-serve account set-up online. Orders can only be placed through your my Verizon account. You can register/setup your account at... secure.verizon.com

- On February 3rd at 3am EST, Verizon Wireless will allow our current customers to order upgrades or new lines to their accounts through your My Verizon online account (make sure you have registered before the 3rd).The email also indicates that the pre-sale inventory is limited, so when that inventory is depleted, customers will have to wait until the February 10th public launch date.

Verizon is also allowing some existing AT&T iPhone customers to trade-in their iPhone for credit when buying a new Verizon iPhone 4. We not sure if this will be offered to non-corporate accounts, but the trade-in price list is as follows:iPhone 2G - 16GB: $60
iPhone 3G - 16GB: $105
iPhone 3Gs 32GB: $160
iPhone 4- 16GB: $280
iPhone 4 - 32GB: $360Customers, of course, could do better selling their iPhones themselves, though this could provide a relatively low-hassle way to switch carriers. The prices listed here are higher than Verizon's normal trade-in program. New Verizon iPhones will be shipped 2 day FedEx by default or optionally next day air.

Article Link: Verizon iPhone Pre-Orders to Start at 3am ET on February 3rd, Offering AT&T iPhone Trade Ins

Last edited:

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
So the ETF will be $50 to get out of my AT&T contract. Do we still get the subsidized price of $199?

This is if it is for regular consumers as well.

Also, what if I bring in my original, 3G, and 4? Do I get $445?

Raska

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2007
NJ
This probably isn't a good sign for Feb. 3 that MyVerizon is crawling right now, probably from everyone logging in.

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
in order to get one of these iphones at my house by the Feb. 10th, I will have to pre order at like 3:05 EST no later?

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
Yes it does. It came out about 6 months later. It was exactly the same, except for 16 GB. It was around the time they discontinued the 4GB.

The 4 GB got killed back in September 2007 when they lowered the price to $399 for the 8 GB. 16 GB model was added in February of 2008.

Johnny2009

macrumors member
Apr 15, 2009
I'll wait for the Verizon iPhone 4G LTE before i switch. no simultaneous talk and surf is a deal breaker for me! :p

Mattsasa

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2010
Minnesota
SOOOOO..... I will also need to buy a $200 network card, and go to a business that will let me use there corporate speed internet over night, to get my order in the first 2 minutes?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.