Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
England
I recently got a friend in IT to install iTunes 10.0.1.22 on my work PC as it is blocked and can't be installed by us mere mortals.
Now, it finds my iPhone 4 but i cant edit anything on it such as the info of a track/s or the album art.Nor can i add any music to it.

I have authorized the phone to work with the PC but am now stumped and not sure what i can do next :confused:

Any help will be appreciated.

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
I'm pretty sure that is has to do with that PC being locked. There are multiple applications installed with iTunes, and most of them get loaded at startup. I bet that it has something to do with permissions, but that is just a guess.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
What's wrong with your personal computer? As JamesMB wrote, it's probably a permissions issue. I don't know why you want to load your personal info, music, photos, etc onto your work computer, but this is a bad idea. This is the sort of thing people can get fired over.
If you don't own a computer, get a cheap netbook and bring it to work to sync with instead.
I recently got a friend in IT to install iTunes 10.0.1.22 on my work PC as it is blocked and can't be installed by us mere mortals.
Now, it finds my iPhone 4 but i cant edit anything on it such as the info of a track/s or the album art.Nor can i add any music to it.

I have authorized the phone to work with the PC but am now stumped and not sure what i can do next :confused:

Any help will be appreciated.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
England
What's wrong with your personal computer? As JamesMB wrote, it's probably a permissions issue. I don't know why you want to load your personal info, music, photos, etc onto your work computer, but this is a bad idea. This is the sort of thing people can get fired over.
If you don't own a computer, get a cheap netbook and bring it to work to sync with instead.

Nothings wrong with my PC at home i just want to be able to add and manage my music on my work PC.

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
Nothings wrong with my PC at home i just want to be able to add and manage my music on my work PC.
FWIW...Even if you do get it to work, just remember that if the machine is networked, other people will have access to your data.

fortunecookie

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2010
Maybe your work pc has a group policy that disables certain services needed by itunes. Best to consult your IT guy/girl.

JamesMB

macrumors 68000
Jan 2, 2011
Texas
I forgot to mention, and you might already know this, but there is software that will "open" an iTunes backup, and as soon as you sync your phone to that machine, a lot more is available than just a few photos and some tunes.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
England
Okay point taken, nothing has been backed up so i'm alright there.

And thanks the link, i'll check that out soon...cheers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.