Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhinosrcool

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 5, 2009
MN
For both the 11.6" and the 13.3" airs, what are their horizontal (width) and vertical (height) measurements (just as if you cut out a tracing of the screens)?

For me, I want to compare the screens to a friend's netbook and my 15" mbp.

sharvil

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
This is not at all what I am asking (see thread title-I am not asking what the diagonal measurements are (11.6" & 13.3" are obvious).

Simply, what are the width and height of the screen (inside the bezel)?

If you would have BOTHERED to click on those links, you would have seen it mentions its physical dimensions right there near the start of the page.

pt0016

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2010
OP mentions the sizes of the screen, not including the bezel, which the Apple site does not specify.

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
For all you sharp high school kids out there ... can't you simply calculate the dimensions since you know the diagonal, that it is a right angle, and the aspect ratio?;)

See ... much simpler than looking at the spec sheet!:p

leftywamumonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
California
Math is fun!
Let's do more general math that deals with right triangles :D
Sooo...

A radio station tower stands vertically perpendicular on to the level ground. A cable comes down from the top of the tower attaching to the ground creating a 30 degree angle. The cable is 100 feet. How tall is the tower in feet?

hfg

macrumors 68040
Dec 1, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA. USA
Math is fun!
Let's do more general math that deals with right triangles :D
Sooo...

A radio station tower stands vertically perpendicular on to the level ground. A cable comes down from the top of the tower attaching to the ground creating a 30 degree angle. The cable is 100 feet. How tall is the tower in feet?

86.6' (100 * sin 60)

-howard

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.