Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lgtw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Alaska
I use Final Cut Express daily. I do daily vlogs for YouTube on my Flip UltraHD Video Camera. It runs at about 720p HD at 30 FPS. However, I also use a Canon VIXIA HF M30 that runs in AVCHD that I have to convert just to get the file into Final Cut Express or to even view.

I also would like to eliminate the grainy/liney text that Final Cut Express delivers from time to time. I get it all the time when using "Outline Text" or when rotating my text.

I'll give you an example of what I mean by "grainy/liney"
Screenshot2011-01-27at43134PM.png

I really am getting tired of seeing countless other YouTubers who use Final Cut Express or Final Cut Pro, who get WAY better looking text and video than I do.

jasmine84

macrumors member
May 16, 2007
Toronto ON
Sorry, never used Final Cut so I can't help you... dunno if the 30fps has anything to do with it? Perhaps the other bloggers are using something more hardcore than a flip?

huntercr

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2006
I use Final Cut Express daily. I do daily vlogs for YouTube on my Flip UltraHD Video Camera. It runs at about 720p HD at 30 FPS. However, I also use a Canon VIXIA HF M30 that runs in AVCHD that I have to convert just to get the file into Final Cut Express or to even view.

I also would like to eliminate the grainy/liney text that Final Cut Express delivers from time to time. I get it all the time when using "Outline Text" or when rotating my text.

I'll give you an example of what I mean by "grainy/liney"
Screenshot2011-01-27at43134PM.png

I really am getting tired of seeing countless other YouTubers who use Final Cut Express or Final Cut Pro, who get WAY better looking text and video than I do.

I don't see anything wrong with the text in that picture, maybe you need to blow it up so emphasize the issue?

Are you using LiveType? Sounds like you're not.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.