Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Coxey70

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 21, 2011
First off sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but you guys seem so friendly lol. Just wondering if they will work I'm after Bulls i 3D Darts its a great game but alas only for the iPhone and iPad you'd thing there'd be a Macbook version thanks for any help.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
An iPad app will not work on a Macbook air, even though iOS is based on OS X they are still different Operating Systems thus an app for one will not work on the other. Your best bet is checking with the developer to see if they have made a port of the app you are looking for since a lot of iOS apps are being ported for the mac app store.

sharvil

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2007
In short no.
Unless the developer makes a separate version for "mac" OS it won't work.

I am not aware of any kind of emulators that would allow you to do that.
(Xcode does have a idevice simulator but I think one needs the source)

ETA: Looks like mrkramer beat me to it!

firewood

macrumors G3
Jul 29, 2003
Silicon Valley
No. The CPU architecture and frameworks required on the iPad are completely different, thus the code inside an app for one will not run on the other.

Now, a developer can make an iPad Simulator app (really an almost Mac app which requires the Simulator and all the iOS SDK frameworks), and that would run on a Mac with that SDK installed, but those apps aren't available anywhere unless you know the developer. They aren't available in any app stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.