Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

walie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2010
Thanks, Captain Obvious :)

But what A/V cable? It needs to somehow connect to the iPhone's dock plug/ connector. What A/V cable is like that?

The Apple Component AV Cable or The Apple Composite AV Cable

ZMacintosh

macrumors 65816
Nov 13, 2008
I thought somehow there was a way to mirror the iphone screen to a larger one.
Someone made a iPhone costume that pretty much did that.

MBX

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
The Apple Component AV Cable or The Apple Composite AV Cable

These cables are pretty much useless, only if you wanted to stream iTunes. Also the cable is way too short and not intended for what i'm looking for.

What i need is for when i wanna stream everything else, like for gaming (to see it on the big screen).

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
These cables are pretty much useless, only if you wanted to stream iTunes. Also the cable is way too short and not intended for what i'm looking for.

What i need is for when i wanna stream everything else, like for gaming (to see it on the big screen).

There is a dock connector to VGA plug that is made for the iPad, but I believe it works with iPhone as well. But the app has to be setup for video out, otherwise it is useless, same with Composite or Component cables. The app must be specifically coded to do so. Like Netflix recently added video out.

Roessnakhan

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
ABQ
To see non-video out applications on your computer screen, there's a jailbroken app called iDemo that does just that. DemoGod (the previous version) used to use the Apple Component AV Cable for output to a TV, so I imagine the same is true for iDemo. On the computer it works over WiFi.

Steven Jobson

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2011
Do you still need help with this, OP? I could have helped you sooner but MR thought it'd be cool to put me in time-out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.