Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
One app that I use frequently and is free, is called Koredoko. It can access your album and shows the time and date, gps coordinates, and the location the photo was taken on a map. It's a nice simple app that let's you quickly see photo locations but you may also find useful.

lsvtecjohn3

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2008
One app that I use frequently and is free, is called Koredoko. It can access your album and shows the time and date, gps coordinates, and the location the photo was taken on a map. It's a nice simple app that let's you quickly see photo locations but you may also find useful.

I just downloaded that. It's a good app that's free. I hope that Apple intergrades this feather in iOS 5

seajay96

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2010
On the iPhone itself, this is a flaw

Yes, definitely leap to the conclusion that it's a flaw, that Apple screwed up, that the world is going to end. Look, there are literally thousands of features that Apple didn't include on the iPhone that they could have but the bottom line is that someone made decisions based on things like market research and consumer reviews. Being able to review EXIF data just simply did not rank high enough in the desired features list to include on the phone itself. The data is there, you just have to find a third party program that will show it.

Go into the app store and search for EXIF. There are two or three free apps that will do what you want.

Last edited:

ValenR

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2010
Instead of using thousand of apps just to do something, I'd still prefer the Stock Photos app to be able to show me the picture's "info".
Yes sure it's not as important to some people, but it sure is nice when you have lots of pictures you'd like to organize depending on date/event.

Last edited:

SydneyJunkie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010

This app is fantastic thanx

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Jan 27, 2011
I like how my Android phone just names the pictures by the date/time... IMG_20110129_230417.jpg would be a photo that was taken on January 29th, 2011, at 11:04 PM (23:04 military time) (and 17 seconds). It's simple and doesn't require anything extra.

How does the iPhone name and organize photos? Can you create albums and move photos around and stuff?

Gjeepguy

macrumors regular
May 19, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

ValenR said:
Instead of using thousand of apps just to do something, I'd still prefer the Stock Photos app to be able to show me the picture's "info".
Yes sure it's not as important to some people, but it sure is nice when you have lots of pictures you'd like to organize depending on date/event.

Apple does make a product For that. It's called iPhoto. It organizes all your photos by event so you can put them back on your phone.

Jason B

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2010

This app is awesome!!! Just tried it and it's amazing to me all the detailed info you can get! It knows the actual "address" where any pic was taken, the date, lat/longitude, and 30 other details.

Wonder if cydia has anything to tweak the stock photo app

NECHELLE35

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2013
Thank you so much. This app is incredible!! Had a car accident today, took photos and could not tell when I took them. Not only did this app give date and time but it also gave location!!! WHOO HOO!!!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I like how my Android phone just names the pictures by the date/time... IMG_20110129_230417.jpg would be a photo that was taken on January 29th, 2011, at 11:04 PM (23:04 military time) (and 17 seconds). It's simple and doesn't require anything extra.

How does the iPhone name and organize photos? Can you create albums and move photos around and stuff?

It just names it IMG_XXXX.jpg or with file extension png

You cannot organize the camera roll pictures, it's organize chronologically (or when you added the pictures to the camera roll)

You can sort of of organize but it's highly inefficient. You can make a folder and "move" your pictures from camera roll to the folder but the file that gets moved in the folder is just a shortcut to the picture

So now you have one picture file but have it shown up in the camera roll and the album folder you made

You just can't access the files itself on the device itself like with android OS unless you jailbreak. It's pretty locked down when not jailbroken

kenetic

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2006
Just tried Koredoko. The app is great! Now I don't need to load the pictures into iPhoto to get more info.

hottoxik

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2013
Fantastic relief,,,

This app is amazing,its come at a perfect time,i have been to numerous phone shops,asked untold people for help,and i discovered you and this app, thank you sooo much for you help..its great :)

esskay

macrumors 6502
Jan 3, 2008
I too am irritated that you can't check time/date of photos on the device. Thanks eagleglen for the tip on Koredoko!

iapplelove

Suspended
Nov 22, 2011
East Coast USA
The stock photo app does provide date info when you select years to view and group your photos. It does not provide time neither does iPhoto, however like others have said there are plenty of free apps in the App Store that exist.

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
iPhoto for iPhone, though not a very useful app for other things, does give you this information. It even shows you the location you took the photo on the map, ISO, shutter speed, etc...

It's a worthwhile purchase just because it's a powerful photo browser.

garysauctions

macrumors member
Dec 15, 2010
Not only can you tell the date and time a photo was taken but in most cases you can tell ....

Camera Model
Camera Serial Number
Exposure Settings

All kinds of information can be found in an images metadata.

sam.elomari

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2015
PhotoDate

Is there an App which lists all photos and videos with the option of listing date it was taken, but not to click on every page separately to find the date rather, one column shows all photos, an adjacent column shows dates, another column shows the authors, anothre columns that show date updated, changed...etc.
If not which app u think is better IPHOTO or EXIF

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.