Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
Post your multi tasking screen shots here. Im using them for my web page to support the ibook. Put as much on the screen as you want

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
dsharits said:
What exactly are you looking for? I'll give you some, if you have some suggestions.

Daniel
Anything is good with about 3 or 4 windows open. Just trying to show the multi tasking in action on the ibook. I was thinking having safari open,a couple apple script text windows open. To visualize working on more than 1 thing at a time. Thanks a lot : ) :D

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
eh, what the hell, here goes:

multitask2vv.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
dsharits said:
You're welcome! I want to see what the final product looks when you are all finished with it, so let me know.

Daniel
Thanks, its really a very basic site im just learning. Also i will photoshop your name out of the right hand corner of the screen if you want. Just let me know. Thanks again Dan :D P.S. How do you turn the right photo with all the apps open really large covering eachother into the left photo where all the apps are small and organized and you can view them all right in front of you? Is that Expose?

dsharits

macrumors 68000
Jun 19, 2004
Plant City, FL
Yes that's Expose in Panther. It's really cool, because you can expand it to show all open windows (like it is in the picture), only the windows in one application or clear all of the windows out of the way completely. When it's expanded, you can click on the window that you want, and Expose will put it in the front. As far as my name in the corner, I don't think it's a big deal, being only my first name. If you want to photoshop it, go ahead, but it doesn't really matter to me.

Daniel

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
CaptainCaveMann said:
Thanks, its really a very basic site im just learning. Also i will photoshop your name out of the right hand corner of the screen if you want. Just let me know. Thanks again Dan :D P.S. How do you turn the right photo with all the apps open really large covering eachother into the left photo where all the apps are small and organized and you can view them all right in front of you? Is that Expose?

Yes it is...
Are you using Jaguar or Panther?

Woof, Woof - Dawg

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
CaptainCaveMann said:
Panther osx. How do i do that? What a cool feature how did i ever live without that? haha

Open your System Preferences from the Apple Menu...

Prefs.jpg

Select Expose from Personal

Expose.jpg

Set your preferences from there

Woof, Woof - Dawg

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
CaptainCaveMann said:
Panther osx. How do i do that? What a cool feature how did i ever live without that? haha

Default is F9, F10, and F11 keys. Go to your System Preferences to change them, see what they do, etc. And if you press F10 to show only the current application's windows, you can Tab or Shift-Tab to cycle between apps...

EDIT: And for the record, it is iBook NOT IBook.

EDIT #2: MacDawg, you beat me to it. Damn tabs... I open then and then go through them slowly, ending up where I really should refresh them... and this was the last tab of around 10 or so. :D

AliensAreFuzzy

macrumors 68000
May 30, 2004
Madison, WI
makisushi said:
err...how in depth of a support site is this going to be?
I don't think it's a "support" site in they way you're thinking. I'm thinking, at least, that it is a site to support the features and stuff in ones purchase of an iBook. He's asking for pictures of multitasking to support the iBooks ability to multitask

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.